My husband and I are buying a home in the 89084 zip code....

Asked by Cathy, Southern Oaks, Bakersfield, CA Tue May 20, 2008

Two questions: is 89084 in the City of North Las
Vegas, or simply north Las Vegas? Second question -- will that ultimately matter when we go to sell?

Answers

1
Mark Karten, , Las Vegas, NV
Tue May 20, 2008
89084 is in the City of North Las Vegas, also known as North Las Vegas. For government offices, you'd call the City of North Las Vegas (versus Las Vegas).

If I understand your second question, I believe you're asking how long it will take home prices to increase in that area? If so, it really depends on the home itself and the surrounding competition, beyond the location. While there are many foreclosures in 89084 (I just sold a home there last week), the amenities that are offered there (oversized lots, RV parking, lenient CC&Rs) are coveted by so many prospective buyers that actual homes are limited, therefore raising prices.

I hope that's helpful, but if you need anything else answered, please feel free to write me directly at Mark@YouCanAffordVegas.com.