My husband & I are looking to buy our first home in Tampa, Fl. His credit is 710, mine is 610, is it possible to get a mortgage loan?

Asked by Katie, Tampa, FL Tue Nov 19, 2013

Our combined gross income is approx $80K/year.

Answers

19
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun May 4, 2014
There are still some lenders that offer home loans with a score of 580.. I'd suggest The Lenders Network. They are a free service designed to help people find the right lender that offers the right loan product that fits your needs. Good luck!
Lisa Carman, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sat Feb 1, 2014
Yes it is possible you can get financing. Please call me and I will give you a local lenders information to get pre approved.
ryateslenders, Agent, Plano, TX
Sat Nov 23, 2013
Yes it's possible there are lender that can still work with low credit scores believe it or not. I know them all, visit my site or email/call me for a referral..
Michele Joan…, Home Seller, Tampa, FL
Fri May 9, 2014
Hi Katie:
We have just put our condo on the market and we are providing owner-financing if you are interested.
Please take a look at our website for more details: tampafloridaforsalebyowner.com/Condo-index.html
It is a 1/bed;1/bath;attached single garage.
Please call us if you are interested. The phone number is on our website (listed above)
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Your scores are definitely acceptable! The lowest credit scores lenders like myself are able to do, is a score of 580. So us lenders would be able to give you a loan if your other finances are in place. It's also important to understand that you're ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include income, expenses, assets, liabilities, debt, employment, down payment, as well as credit scores. Either way, I suggest you speak with a lender like myself who would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Jereme Carter, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Sat Feb 1, 2014
What part of Tampa would you be comfortable living in?
Mlena, Home Buyer, Tampa, FL
Sat Dec 7, 2013
Hi Katie,

I am closing on a mortgage for borrower with a FICO score of 610 next week. I work for CBC National Bank and am located in Tampa.

I would love to assist you. Please call 813 629-2614.

Mike Lena
mlena@cbcnationalbank.com
Melissa Hall, Agent, Brandon, FL
Sun Nov 24, 2013
It is very possible. Another factor to consider is a high debt to income ratio. And if you are carrying high credit card balances that could be lowering your score as well.

I work with a very qualified mortgage specialist. He has been able to qualify some of my clients that were previously denied from other lenders. He even helped one of my clients improve her score by about 40 points in 30 days by telling her what she could do improve her debt ratio - in this case she paid a small amount over 4 credit cards and increased her score by about 40 points.

Call me at 813-708-9268 and I will be happy to give you his name.

Once you know the price range of the home you can afford, I would be happy to sit down with you and help you find homes that you like in the areas that are suitable for you. How soon would you like to buy?

Melissa Hall
callmelissahall@gmail.com
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Nov 24, 2013
You should definitely be able to get a loan as long as the other loan criteria is in place - length of employment, debt to income ratio, payment history, etc. Talk to a lender and find out first hand! Let me know if you need help...

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com
http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
Lisa Carman, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Yes you can get a loan. I have a mortgage specialist the can assist you with the pre-approval. Give me a call and I will give you his contact information and once you are approved I can assist you in finding your first home in tampa.
Lisa Carman
813-992-6040
Mike Hojnaski, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Nov 21, 2013
My tenant is a mortgage brocker with vanguard funding 877-881-0010 ask for mark dryfess he can answer your questions and help with your mortgage. thanks mike hojnaski 973-809-3966
Renea Miller, Agent, Anchorage, AK
Wed Nov 20, 2013
As the others have stated, it is possible. Yet, there are other factors involved. I am happy to assist you in your home search and search for a mortgage professional. Please call or email me to get started. My phone # is 813-486-4851 and my email address is Cokerrealtor@gmail.com.
Jack Craparo, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Hello Katie,

Yes it is possible to get a mortgage with those scores and income but keep in mind that there are other factors that come into play such as your debt ratios.

I am Jack Craparo, a Realtor with Charles Rutenberg Realty and I am not a licensed mortgage broker. I have sold homes recently to folks that had lower scores than you and your husband and that is why I am suggesting that yes it is possible. I work with an excellent loan officer that is very competent and honest and she has been underwriting mortgages in the Tampa bay area for 33 plus years. Her name is Mimi Wills at Fidelity Mortgage and I invite you to call her at 813-205-2385. You will not be disappointed.

If you are in need of a competent hard working Realtor to help you with your real estate needs, I invite you to contact me and I will be happy to help you. My number is 813-610-7532

Take care,

Jack Craparo
Tracy Hoyt, Agent, Valrico, FL
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Katie,

You should be fine with these scores. The larger question will be what amount debt you have with your current income. I would be happy to help you with lender recommendations. I have worked with several in Tampa and can answer other questions you may have. Please review my profile on Trulia and my personal recommendations. I can be reached at TracyHoytRealtor@gmail.com or directly at (813) 352-6219.

No pressure, just help.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Signature Realty Associates
Kelly Parks, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Absolutely! There are many other factors as far as your debt to income ratios and other things but your scores are acceptable but you are best to speak with a reputable loan officer. If you need any recommendations, I'm happy to share some with you. Also, if you would like some help with your search from myself or a member of my team, we are here to help you and I absolutely love working with first time buyers!
Kelly Parks
813-579-2816 Direct
kellyparksteam@gmail.com
Jose Phillips, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Katie,

There are many factors in determining whether you will be able to get a mortgage or not, but based on your scores alone, then YES! Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience so I can get you in touch with a mortgage broker who will take care and understand your situation, no matter what it is.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Jose' Phillips
813-966-3086
ryateslenders, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Nov 19, 2013
I can help you find a lender who can offer FHA loans with a 580 credit score with 3.5% down.

This is what our company specializes in, helping people find a lender that has a loan product that fits your specific needs.

Randall Yates
The Lenders Network
Toll Free: 855.841.HOME (4663)
http://www.thelendersnetwork.com
, ,
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Hi Katie
Lenders are going to go off of the lower credit score in approving your loan. Based on a score of 610, your basic option would be FHA financing. The rate is going to be a little bit higher due to the low credit score. But that is the only way to use both incomes to qualify for the mortgage.

If you'd like to try qualifying on just your husbands income then you'd probably get a better rate and you might be able to do a conventional loan. The PMI would be less than on FHA.

Either way, you should speak directly to a lender to see what your options are. I'd be glad to help you with this. Just give me a call or email me.

Tony

Tony Grech | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS 977416
PMAC Lending Services, Inc.
Toll-free (855) 642-4762 | Fax (248) 945-4842 | Direct (248) 728-0078
tony.grech@pmac.com
Bill Szydlow…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 19, 2013
very much so. Give me a call so we can discuss your needs and wants. I have been in real estate sales for almost 20 years and will be happy to help you find the right home.

We look forward to working with you.

Bill and Lois Szydlowski
8113-323-4443