My house is paid for in the $400k range. I have low income can I still get a home equity loan to buy a fix and flip house?

Asked by Jon, Spirit Lake, IA Tue Jan 19, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Tue Jan 19, 2010
You might get the loan. What happens if the flip does not work out and costs you $10,000?

Right now you own a nice house free and clear. Getting that equity loan could potentially (if something went wrong) take that house from you. I would rather see you safe than sorry.
0 votes
Jenny A. Le, , California
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Yes, you may be able to. The FHA Rehabilitation 203(k) Mortgage may be the solution.

Details and Q&A:

Search for local FHA Lender:
0 votes
You can. It is called a HELOC or Home Equity Line of Credit. I would recommend a local bank such as Northwest Bank. Let me know if you would like me to refer you a lender. Nick Steffes 712-339-0293
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more