My home has been on the market more then 100 days and not one viewing !!! I am frustrated and need some advice please

Asked by charlottehnn, 04061 Sun Oct 13, 2013

Answers

4
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Charlotte,
You have a couple of choices....wait anohter 100 days to see if anything changes....
-
OR
-
Provide additional information regarding your home selling strategy.
ARE you using:
DIY
FSBO
FLAT FEE BROKER
DISCOUNT BROKER
REBATER
VARIBLE COMPENSATION
EXCLUSIVE
LIMITED SERVICE
FULL SERVICE
Yes, Charlotte, it does make a big differnce.
-
Who has viewed your home? I know, you stated 'NOT ONE VIEWING' but you must realize your home very likely WAS viewed and rejected earlier by active buyers looking for homes in your area. Of course, depending on your choice of selling methods, a true reality thatf 'no one knows your home exists' can prove to be the prevailing issue.
-
You really need to consulte with a real estate professional and explore all the dimensions of getting your home sold. It would be helpful for you to realize that those who help in the buying and selling of dozens of home every year actually know what they are doing.
-
Too often, a seller is closed to hearing the guidance provided by very capable agents. Recently a citizen posted a question containing..."agents only want to make a quck sale" and such a mindset completely inhibited their ability to hear good advise therefore could not respond or understand. They will indeed spend the next 100 day going around the mountain until they develop ears that hear and shout..."why didn't you tell me this sooner?" or they make a bad decision. It't time to hire a professional or meet up with the one you have and set your feet on the path to a home sale.
-
Best of success to you.
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Mon Oct 14, 2013
If your home hasn't had one showing it's either not marketed properly or it's over-priced. If you have it listed with an agent then it's over-priced. It's that simple.

The only other explanation is that there is something about it that would cause buyers to have no interest at all. But that is unlikely.
Margaret Mit…, Agent, York, ME
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Talk to your agent and ask the following questions:

Is it priced right?
Is it decluttered and staged. That is, does it show well?
Are there good photos on line & lots of them?

Being on the market for 100 days with no showings implies a pricing issue. But take a good look at the property on line and make an honest assessment as to how well it shows on line.
John Snyder, , Auburn, ME
Sun Oct 13, 2013
Are you using a Realtor? if so, they can certainly supply you with ideas that will enhance "Curb Appeal". If you aren't following their advice......well.......

If you are trying to sell this place yourself, first, I would recommend you DO use a realtor. If you do not want to go that route then you should consider hiring someone like myself to come in and give you curb appeal advice.

If you are trying to sell this yourself, how are you advertising? It makes a world of difference as to what you are doing.

It is a tough world out there right now for real estate and will not get better with winter right around the corner.

Again, let me state, use a Realtor and listen to what they advise.