My home has been foreclosed on. I received a notice that it was sold at auction, but I have not received any notice on when I have to vacate.

Asked by sandoval777, Spencer, MA Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

7
Steve Quinta…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Wed Aug 22, 2012
In my state, a foreclosure sale is several steps away from being evicted. After the sale the sale must be approved by the court. After the approval a redemption period must run. After the redemption period the new owner has rights to possession. Those rights must be asserted in a particular way. If you do not voluntarily depart the premises a legal action must take place to before the sheriff will visit with a request that the occupant leave.

There might be a PIRG (Public Interest Research Group) in your area with more specific details for Mass.
Elizabeth, Home Buyer, Warren, MA
Wed Aug 22, 2012
I'm so very sorry this has happened to you -- personally I could never purchase a home knowing
someone else suffered the loss. If you happen to be ill or disabled, perhaps you could get advice regarding eviction of disabled persons, from my understanding judges often times award extra
time for someone with a handicap to find affordable/accessable housing. Sometimes legal aid
can help if this is the case -- personally I'll pray to God you win the lottery and something wonderful
happens for you,
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
The bank will pay you cash to vacate sometimes. Take what you can get and move on with your life. Everything will be allright in the end...if it is not all right...it is not the end.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your home was foreclosed on. I find it difficult that you were not aware of the auction. You should of had an attorney to represent your interest and quide you as to the options you had. I still recommend you touch base with an attorney. You also may want to touch base with the bank that you had the loan with to see if they purchased it at auction. If they did, what Ron states below is course it most likely take.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
I would bet that if a private individual bought the place, that you would have heard from them by now:
It is more likely that the house reverted to your Bank; they are notoriously slow on the draw.

It usually takes them 3-5 weeks to LIST it with their choice of Realtors: Then, the Realtor will come by and talk to you about the Cash-for-Keys, 30 days, and damaging the house.
If you agree, and sign their paperwork; your 30 days will start.

Good luck and may God bless
Masha Sender…, Agent, Newton, MA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Most likely, the home was sold with the new owner assuming responsibility for moving you out of the home. You'll likely be hearing from them shortly. In most cases, they will go through the court system to request an eviction notice.
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Tue Aug 21, 2012
it may be time to speak to an attorney about your options.