My fiance and I are looking to buy in one of the newer developments in Ashburn. One Loudoun (Camberley or Miller & Smith) or Brambleton (Miller

Asked by Lashon, Reston, VA Wed Oct 10, 2012

& Sm (Miller and Smith Noble Pointe. We currently live in a condo across the street from Reston Town Center. We would like to We like prefer a contemporary, single family home in neighborhood that is similar to Reston Center area. I'm in my late 30's and he's in his late 40's. We are looking for a neighborhood that has a lot to do as far as entertainment and socializing. It's basically just the 2 of us with the exception of when his daughter visits. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer. Thanks in advance.

Answers

11
Steve Adamson, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Hello Lashon!
Miller & Smith is having their Grand Opening THIS WEEKEND, Jan 12.
If You would like to visit their Location at One Loudoun bring an Agent who will be able to represent you through the home buying process with the builder.
I have that experience as an Agent if you have not already selected an Agent.
SteveAdamson@weichert.com
Deniele Mart…, Agent, Chantilly, VA
Tue Jan 1, 2013
We actually looked in that area. Miller and Smith are neat homes, I believe they were the winner of best architecture last year. We ended up at Toll Brothers which we truly enjoy. We also enjoy the community services such as free spring and summer concerts and DJ at the pool in the summers. If you also enjoy entertainment and socializing Brambleton has this neat wine bar and nice restaurants with the theater right next door. I know an agent who has vast knowledge of the builders in Loudoun County area and he also lives in Leesburg, VA.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dee Martinez
571.926.5383
denielemartinez@gmail.com
Danilo Bogda…, Agent, Reston, VA
Mon Oct 22, 2012
It can be very confusing. Have you hired a competent Buyer's Agent who knows the area and new construction well?

Danilo Bogdanovic
United Real Estate
703.582.6900 (cell)
danilo.bogdanovic@gmail.com

http://LoudounScene.com
http://LoudounForeclosures.com
Lashon, Home Buyer, Reston, VA
Sun Oct 21, 2012
We've now added Willowsford into the mix...this is getting complicated
The three neighborhoods are very different, from the design and style of the homes, to the amenities and life style that the neighborhoods offer. So visiting them all and deciding which life style works best for you will be very important! You really should work with a professional buyer's agent, and allow them to show you the differences, and help you navigate the new home buying process. Good Luck to You. It is a great time to be a buyer.

Dina Azzam
Flag Wed Oct 24, 2012
Lisa Moroniak, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Good morning!

There are currently 23 new home developments in the Brambleton/Broadlands (zip code 20148) area. That's quite a bit to choose from!

The best community for your family will be lifestyle and budget-driven. Just a suggestion - research a handful of agent profiles and either send a few emails or make calls to see who might be the best fit to serve your needs. A qualified agent will make the time to meet to learn what's most important to you in your new home and community, and make recommendations to help you narrow your choices from 23 to just a few. This is a huge time-saver.

Value you'll also get out of the relationship is a second set of eyes looking out for you - from negotiating the contract to making sure you have the most advantageous financing options to accompanying you at walk-throughs to closing.

Wishing you and your fiancee (congratulations by the way) all my best!
Lisa

Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360°
SFR - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified
Phone: 703-635-0388
http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
Licensed in VA
vickifromVA, Home Owner, Brambleton, VA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
I live in a single family home in Brambleton (we just moved here a few months ago) within walking distance of the Brambleton Town Center. I heard that they planning to build condos at the town center and expand the retail space. We love it here. It's so nice to be able to walk to all the amenities (movies, restaurants, grocery store, bank, shops, park, dog park, etc). Any questions about Brambleton, you can email me: vickiheck@verizon.net
Danilo Bogda…, Agent, Reston, VA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Lashon,

Nothing in Loudoun County will provide you with the same lifestyle and entertainment as Reston Town Center (RTC). But the closest thing to RTC in Loudoun County is Brambleton. I feel comfortable and confident saying this is because I live in Reston and spend a lot of time at RTC while also spending a lot of time in Brambleton for both work and pleasure.

The thing you have to ask yourself if this...

Would you rather have the lifestyle, entertainment, "feel" and closer-to-DC location that RTC provides with less house for your money than being further out...

or...

more house for your money, but less entertainment, different lifestyle and a longer commute (and more expensive one if you use the Toll Rd and Greenway)?

Lifestyle and entertainment seem important to you so you should discuss this amongst yourselves in depth first and foremost.

Give me a call, text or email me to talk in greater detail about the differences between RTC and Brambleton (or any other community/area in NoVA) as well as how far your money goes in Reston/Fairfax County versus Brambleton/Loudoun County.

Danilo Bogdanovic
Real Estate Consultant/REALTOR(r)
United Real Estate

703.582.6900 (cell)
danilo.bogdanovic@gmail.com

http://LoudounScene.com
http://LoudounForeclosures.com
Kamal Singh, Agent, Reston, VA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Dear Lashon
Interest rates are at historic low levels. its great time to buy home. one loudoun has future plan which is similar to Reston Town Center, but it will take some time.Brambleton town center is already there and is a great neighborhood. If you are in to watching sports then one loudoun is better, professional baseball stadium is coming and also Redskins park is there.
you can visit my website to get more details about savings on a new home purchase at http://www.vamdnewhomes.com

Kamal Singh
703-728-3403
New Homes Expert
Associate Broker
Jobin Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.vamdnewhomes.com
Dina Azzam, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Hello Lashon,

Both of the locations are great. Loudoun One's neighborhood will take a little longer to complete, so for the first few years you will not have much to do in the area. Miller and Smith's homes are great at Brambleton. I just closed with some clients on a new home backing to the trees...

Their delivery dates are further out, mostly spring and summer of 2013... but there is one that is going to be resold. (Gorgeous updates, 3 full baths upstairs, private backyard). So if you want to move in earlier, let me know and I can arrange a showing for the brand new resale.

If you would like any help while looking at new homes and making a decision, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help you.

Thank you

Dina Azzam
Realtor/ Architect
703.403.3830
The Spear Re…, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
HI Lashon,

Congratulations! What a great time to be a buyer.

All these neighborhoods are great choices for what you are describing.

The main question I want to ask you is do you want to move into a new area with future amenities or do you want a newer area that is still growing but has most of the amenities already in place?

The other important question is location and floor plans.

The biggest advice I can share with you is that you are deserving of professional real estate representation and having a buyer agent working solely on your behalf is essential in new construction from price negotiations to option and incentive negotiations and all the way through the build out process and delivery.

HIre your REALTOR before you visit neighborhoods as many will not allow you to visit without your agent.

Have fun! This is an exciting time in your lives! Always here to help!
Katie Ferran…, , Ashburn, VA
Wed Oct 10, 2012