My fiancé and I are looking for our first house we are really excited but not sure of the step of buying a home?

Asked by Angelica Pacheco, Norfolk, VA Mon Feb 24, 2014

What should we do first our lease will be end in June?

Answers

12
Mick Shaw, Agent, Norfolk, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
At the risk of sounding old fashioned, it might be best to fully commit to each other before committing to a 15-30 year mortgage. So I would suggest getting married first. Except for VA loans, it really is not required though interestingly enough for virtually all other types of loans. VA will not allow the unmarried non Veteran to be on the VA loan. The veteran can still buy of course but he or she can't have the non-spouse on the loan and can't include the income of the non-spouse to qualify. Speaking of committed, I am committed to getting you the best deal possible and am a lifelong resident and Norfolk native of 54 years! Congratulations on your engagement...call me for a list of Norfolk Pastors who can help you tie the knot!
Johnathan Ki…, Agent, Chesapeake VA 23320, VA
Wed May 14, 2014
Angelica,

Have you and your husband found a place yet? I specialize in first time home buyers and really make the process quite simple and easy for you. As always I am not pushy or obnoxious and my services to you are always FREE. If you would like any help please do not hesitate to contact me or visit my great website which does have a free mobile application http://www.757militaryrealestate.com
Kevin Monette, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
Angelica,
A Good Real Estate Agent will guide you through the entire process. Make sure they are full time agents and that they will take the stresses off your shoulders and handle every process with professional ethics.
Sounds like you are taking a couple of big steps, getting married and buying a home. Let me take care of the home buying stress and you just deal with the getting married stress :-)
The market is great and interest rates are still low, so there is no better time to buy, so contact me and let's get started.
Thanks for your inquiry.

Kevin Monette, REALTOR®, ABR®, SFR®
Circle of Excellence Winner
ABR® = Accredited Buyer’s Representative
SFR® = Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource
William E. Wood
Cell # 757-735-2628
Anthony Alle…, Agent, Riverside, CA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Hello Angelica;

Actually, your first step is to get pre-approved for a home loan so you know exactly how much you can afford. Then you can contact a Realtor and go over the details of all of your wants and needs in your new home.

I would be more than happy to assist you and give you all the guidance you need. Please give me a call when you can.

Best Regards;
Anthony Alleva, CSSA
Certified Short Sale Agent
REO REALTOR®
License #0225-205922
Allison James
Estates & Homes
Cell: (757) 768-9412
Fax: (800) 215-0211
Email: info@anthonyalleva.com
Website: http://www.AnthonyAlleva.com
Maya Zamani, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Hi Angelica. Your first step is finding a good Realtor. After that you don't have anything to worry. The process should be smooth and enjoyable. If you would like, I can some of my client's testimonials and then the choice is yours. I wish you the best.

Cell:757-650-7446
Office:757-623-2500
Fax:757-623-0711
Toll Free:800-479-7355
maya.zamani@lnf.com
mayazamani.lnf.com
2000-13 Colonial Avenue
Norfolk VA 23517
Long&Foster
Maya Zamani, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Hi Angelica, Just find a good Realtor.
Danny DeHaven, Agent, Chesapeake, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Good Morning, Angelica!

Wow! You're getting a lot of advice from out of state agents, huh? So, how about a little local advice, from someone who knows THIS market? I have been a licensed Realtor, working in the Norfolk, and entire Hampton Roads area, for the last three years, but have been a lifetime resident of Hampton Roads. All of my services as your Exclusive Buyers Representative, including the Initial Buyer Consultation, are FREE! If you haven't been pre-approved for your mortgage yet, I work with several trusted mortgage lenders in the area, as well. I certainly hope to hear from you today, and have the afternoon free, if you'd like to give me an hour of your time. Feel free to contact me at the number below. Thanks, and have a GREAT day!

Yours in Service,

Danny DeHaven, Your Hometown Realtor
Carder Warren Realty Group
(757) 531-6233-Direct
dannydehavenhomes@gmail.com
Doug Knack, Agent, Norfolk, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Angelica,

The first thing I would do is read your lease. Does it convert to a monthly tenancy, or renew for a year. If you lease ends at the end of June, you need to move quickly. The buying process, from contract to closing, takes about 45 to 60 days. To meet that deadline you'd want to have found the house by mid to late April.

I'd be more than happy to talk to about the complete process. Just give me a call.
Milton N. Gr…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
My name is Milton Greene. I am Realtor in that lives in Norfolk, VA. Feel free to give me a call. I would love to discuss the home buying process with you. 757-237-8756
Jack Blake, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Good Morning Angelica,
I would be happy to sit down with you for a free, No Obligation consult. I grew up in Norfolk & do most of my business here so I am very familiar with the area.
The two main things you need to do at this point in the process it get a good Realtor & Loan Officer. These two can make the process much less stressful.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or any information I can get.
Jack Blake-Realtor
Making A Difference Everyday!
Call or text 757-339-2327
Judy Boone Realty
757-587-2800
Maria Morton, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Mon Feb 24, 2014
This is something I give to clients so they have a basic understanding of the steps in the buying process: http://activerain.com/blogsview/1865617/the-buying-process-s…

Be aware though that real estate transactions are conducted differently from state to state and even city to city depending upon laws, rules, regulations, and procedures specific to that area. The best way to find out how transactions are conducted in your area is to sit down and talk with a local real estate agent.
Hank Wilson, Agent, Bowling Green, KY
Mon Feb 24, 2014
First off congratulations you should be very excited. I live in KY now, but Norfolk is my hometown! I would be happy to refer you to someone I trust in that area. The first 2 steps are to find a Realtor and Get with a mortgage lending company to find out what you may qualify for so you can search what you can afford. Ask around to friends and family to find out if they have someone they know and trust in the business. Also, some internet research can give you a great idea. If you have any questions further feel free to contact me! Congrats again and good luck!