My family is relocating to Metairie July/August and am looking for a realtor with knowledge of the area.

Asked by charlie.brinkley, Metairie, LA Thu Jun 6, 2013

Our preferences are a close commute to CBD (within 15min if possible). Family oriented area with high rated elementary. Considering both rent and buy options. Would like to keep total monthly payment between 1200-1400month. Are visiting this weekend to look at some apartment and would like to also view a few listings.

Answers

4
Muriel Palmg…, , Metairie, LA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
I grew up in Old Metairie, live in Metairie still, and would love to help you find the right home to buy or rent. Call me at 504 583-8306 for further information. Muriel Palmgren, GARDNER, REALTORS
Chandra Watk…, Agent, Redlands, CA
Tue Jul 16, 2013
I would suggest asking your agent if they would be willing to use there phone of tablet and take a mini video of the traffic in the area at the time of day you would be commuting??? It probably wouldn't take your agent that long and based on your follow-up question, that may be just what you need. :) Hope that helps!
charlie.brin…, Home Buyer, Metairie, LA
Fri Jun 7, 2013
thanks for the offers. i did locate a realtor now and there seems to be some house rentals that are reasonable, as well as homes for sale that we will begin looking at over the next 2 weeks.

one question i still have is how is traffic when commuting to CBD in the mornings? are there delays in the area? would RTA/JET be better to use from Metairie than driving?
It depends where in Metarie you are and what time you come and go from work.
RTA is not a real option.

When buying, think what it costs today, and what it can possibly be worth tomorrow. Tread carefully
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Spend your first day driving around by yourself ....you will need more specifics on location as need be
Web Reference:  http://Www.iansellsnola.com