My family is moving to the area within the next month. Why are there so many condos in the 50k-90k range in quechee? Flooding? Uninsurable?

Asked by Kevin Dreyer, La Crosse, WI Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

2
Jonathan Rob…, Agent, Lewiston, ME
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Feel free to call me anytime for any questions about your real estate needs.
Thank You
John Bassette, Agent, Hartland, VT
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Kevin:

The brief answer is the Quechee (Quechee Lakes) community is heavily slanted towards a second home purchaser. There are no problems with flooding and the condos are insurable. The annual dues structure in the community along with the real estate market crash of a few years ago has created a lowering of housing values and a growing stock of inventory.

Depending on what a purchasers goals are (will they use the QLLA facilities or not) will determine if the development is a wise investment. If you want to talk more or tag me an email feel free. I have been selling real estate in the Upper Valley (VT/NH) and started in Quechee Lakes almost 30 years ago.

John Bassette
Hi Mr.Bassetteeap ,
I was also curious about the Quechee Lakes condos being so cheap. I (WE) are looking for a year round retirement home that is below 130,000 and has enough space. WE require a minimum of 1,200-1,800 SF depending on the availabitly of a usable garage, basement or walk up attic/loft to store my large paintings. We have relatives up there and hope to visit very soon. It looked to me like we might be better off in a private house witout the HOA dues/fee. We are old (62 & 71) and don't downhill ski but we hike and swim (no golf). We are on a fixed income which is so low we will probably have to pay cash for our next home. Our concerns are Nature and Privacy, nice neighbors, Carrying costs that don't escalate and medical care within a reasonable proximity. Near a town with a library and grocery is great. How high is the HOA and do the Quechee Main St listings (I like 72 Tichenor Rd, Quechee, he likes 60 Fletcher Ln ,Hartford) have a HOA fee?-KATIA GUSHUE, NY
Flag Sat Dec 28, 2013