Home Buying in Cullowhee>Question Details

Anitab1, Home Buyer in Cullowhee, NC

My daughter wants to attend Western Carolina University and I am thinking about moving there with her.

Asked by Anitab1, Cullowhee, NC Tue May 4, 2010

I would love to find a condo or townhouse that I could buy and live in, and then let her live in next year when she's a sophomore. But I can't seem to find any condos near Cullowhee. Are there any? What community, if so? Thanks, Anita (Franklin, TN)

Answers

8
I have a TWO BEDROOM/TWO BATH FULLY FURNISHED Condo within walking distance of WCU. Top floor, very private and safe!!! Send me your email address and I will forward you photos and informatin.

Darlene Thomas
http://www.ARealEstateBroker4u.com
ARealEstateBroker4u@gmail.com
828-226-2790
Sir: My name is Ronald Sandage and I have A Very Special 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Split Level in Sylva, just 3 Miles from the College, on a private rd. 1 mile to Hospital, Downtown Sylva, Lowes, Walmart, and All doctors offices. Property is .8 Acres and is totally Landscaped. Custom Built on a 14x74 Frame, it is a Cabin effect inside with all mod Kitchen, Great Baths w / tub/showers, Wood Floors throughout, Carpet in Bedrooms, Large Closets, 16x16 Storage Shed that could be Bedroom. Extra large Carport, Large Porch, Heat & AC, County sewer and shared well w/10 others. Road is paved all way to carport, at dead end on side of adjoining 68 private acres. Thats it and i have only touched the surface. Asking $129 K, Owner Financing at small rate, or will discount for cash deal.I have tons of pictures, but not sure I know how to send them. If you are interested or are in the area, Please call me at 828-369-0076 or cell# 407-414-2434
There are many rental properties in the area.. Are you planning on living seperate from your daughter or share space with her?
Anita ~~
There are condos for sale at Smoky Mountain Country Club in Whittier, N.C. which is about 20 minutes from Cullowhee. I have one that has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and is now in the vacation rental program at the Club. You can see photos of this condo if you go to Smoky Mt. Rentals and click on Condo #4 .
E-Mail me at : pcmorse@gmail.com
Hello Anita,

Would love to assist you with this process, not sure if you've found a local Realtor or not. I am an Alumni of Western Carolina University and very familiar with the area.

Drop me an email - rickstrohmjr@realtyexecutives.com or call 828-736-1912.

Have a great day - GO CATS!
Web Reference: http://www.rickstrohm.com/
This home is 1 mile outside the Ramsey Center entrance in Forest Hills. Nice home with detached chalet-style cabin your daughter could live in. Later, she could move into the house and have roommates to share expenses.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/209-Cox-Far…
Owners are highly motivated to sell as students have graduated!
Hi Anita,

My office is three miles from WCU so I am very familar with the area. There are currently several listings that are within 2-3 miles of WCU. PLEASE send me your email address to: arealestatebroker4u@gmail.com and I will email them to you. Or give me a call at 828-226-2790 and you can view them on my website: http://www.ARealEstateBroker4U.com.

I look forward to working with you and your daughter to find the perefect spot for these very special years in her life.

Take care!

Darlene Thomas, Broker
Sundog Real Estate
828-226-2790
arealestatebroker4u@gmail.com
Hi Anita, there are not many condos around here, instead, most of the apartments are student housing. Cullowhee is a great, but quite-small town. You might, however, consider a single-family home in the area. Sylva, Webster, Dillsboro, Waynesville and Franklin are withing 1/2 hr. of Cullowhee and that really opens up your housing possibilities.

I hope this is helpful! We recently moved here to start a church and we've been trying to find housing as well.