It depends 1st on what is most important to him? For example,
- Does he want to be able to walk to shopping?
- Or is privacy and a degree of remoteness preferred?
- How important is distance to his Dr's and in emergency to a stroke or heart attack certified hospital?
- I am assuming single story only is a given? and 3 or more bedrooms is OK?
- Many view properties may have little or no yard, and what yard they do have might often be steep & therefore difficult for some of us as we get older t get around
- What does "a nice size lot" mean to him? 12,000' or a 1/4 acre or larger? 1/2 acre? 1 acre?
- Any hobby or hobbies he has that would potentially make one lot or home more useful t him than another?
Has he sold his current home? or will he be renting it?
There are 6000+ Realtors in Santa Clara County alone. As with any occupation, law, medicine, etc... all Realtors are not equal in experience, skills, training and effectiveness. Take the time to learn about a few Realtors and interview a couple. Then hire the best. Why not?
In the meantime I will send you an initial search from the tool that will show you some of the possibilities, some of the communities that are more affordable that have excellent schools in them.
Call or email me so I can learn more about what you are looking for in the ideal home & location/community. That will help us further tighten up the search/alert and then get out and start touring the communities and homes. We will narrow the search down to a couple communities and then we will find the right home for you & your family at the best possible price.