Slk8981, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

My credit score on credit karma is 635. Should we be able to get a loan? Looking at a home that is 185k and we have 10k for down payment.

Asked by Slk8981, Grand Rapids, MI Sat Jan 12, 2013

Answers

17
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
There are a select few lenders willing to go down to a 600 score sometimes lower. I would recommend The Lenders Network they have helped several of my clients with lower scores get approved.

Robert Hanson, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Olney, MD
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Hello, I work down to 600 in your state if you haven't already solved this issue.

I am available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer above, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Invstnlfp, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Feb 10, 2016
I am licensed to write mortgages in 31 states, I work for a direct lender in the mortgage industry who offers conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA loans. We keep your info private not broker it out and we go down to a 550 credit score. Are lowest score we accept for government loans are 550 when most lenders require a 620 and brokers a 580. You have to have two years of income with a score over 550 with bankruptcies discharge date 2 years and over. We have basic guidelines and a pretty easy process. Feel free to text me or call me anytime up to 10:00pm Eastern with any questions.
Brian Young 214-797-3479
NMLS 902687
Stacy121812, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Feb 1, 2016
My score is 635 and I have 2000.00 to put down
Sean Williams, Agent, Kentwood, MI
Thu Mar 6, 2014
My lender partner can sometimes work with scores in that range. It is on a case by case basis and is dependent on other factors.
Brittney Jas…, Home Buyer, Milwaukee, WI
Mon Feb 3, 2014
I would go a bank to see if they can do a soft pull of your credit report. I had credit Karma and they were telling me I had a 590. I went to a bank lender who did the soft oull report and found i am actually at a 635. Just an FYI you might be better than you think
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Get in touch with a local mortgage broker for local advice.
Tldanforth, Home Buyer, Westminster, CO
Sun Jan 13, 2013
Karol Cooley, Broker Agent, Keller Williams

I have been working in the business for over 30 years and have seen my share of lenders......I can put you in contact with a few that I work closely with. Please email me and we can discuss it further - thanks, Karol Cooley

karolcooley@kw.com
Brek Schutten, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
There are lenders that should be able to help you get a loan. If you would like the contact information of a few local lenders that would work well with your situation, let me know. I work closely with a few.
Web Reference:  http://www.BrekSchutten.com
ListTrue, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
We have a great finance guy that can answer all your questions free of charge! Check out http://www.ListTrue.com and search under our contacts, Anthony with Riverbank Finance can help you out for sure. Not to mention we have one of the best buyer rebate plans in grand rapids so if you do get approved feel free to email or call us at any time! Good Luck!
Dan Stegman, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
You should have some nice options available to you if you haven't lost a home in the past 3 years or have any open collections. Rural Development has a zero down option, FHA 3.5% down and you might qualify for other options. You will want to compare the closing costs and the rates to find the best loan and a good mortgage loan officer is a good place to start. I can hook you up if you give me a call. 616-361-6678 http://www.danstegman.com
Melinda J. R…, Agent, Hudsonville, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
I suggest speaking with a loan officer to look at different financing options. They will need to pull their own credit report. Generally speaking a mortgage company will pull from all three credit bureaus. They will use the mid score. There are other pieces of the puzzle other than just a credit score. There are also different types of loans. So in speaking with a loan officer you can help resolve your questions about financing. It is also an excellent idea to get a pre approval letter before looking at houses. It will give you a feel for price range you are comfortable with as well as being ready to write an offer. In the GR area houses are moving quickly & there are many multiple offer situations. So I always recommended setting yourself up for sucess:). If you want to contact me through my website http://www.GoMelinda.com I can connect you with a reputable lender. Best Wishes!
Web Reference:  http://www.GoMelinda.com
Dave V'Dovick, Agent, Hudsonville, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Yes, you should be able to get a loan but might depend on who you use and what type of loan. Give Dave a call today at 616-866-5974 and he will be able to help you out and set you up to receive house listings.
Robb Breen, Agent, Newaygo, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
It would seem that a 635 should enable you to get a mortgage but there are many factors that go into mortgage qualification other than simply the credit score. You definitely should talk with a lender about what you are looking at. They not only will look at the credit score but how much debt you already have compared to your monthly income among other things. They will also be able to talk to you more about down payment requirements as well as fees that every lender charges in order to get a loan. I'm not sure how familiar you may or may not be with the home buying process. If you don't already have a Realtor you are working with I would be happy to help you in any way I can with the purchase of a home.
Thomas Girar…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Grand Rapids, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
635 isnt a great score but you can make it work. My Lenders will allow us to go down to a 580 credtit score with certain critera required. Give me a call at (616) 318-0385 or email at tgirardot@ruqualified.com and I can help you get started.

Tom Girardot
Shawna Adams, Agent, Coopersville, MI
Sat Jan 12, 2013
I can help you with a local lender that is able to approve you with that credit score. Feel free to contact me at 616-334-4608. Thanks, Shawna Adams w Trendz Realty
Kenneth Burr…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Stateline, NV
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Yes you shouldn't have any issues unless there are open collections on your credit (which would need to be paid). There are many lenders that will finance above 620 scores. I would suggest contacting a local mortgage broker that has many options. That way you don't get your credit pulled by many banks trying to find a home and then your credit drops.