My credit score is 600

Asked by Teara, Duarte, CA Tue May 26, 2009

My credit score is 600. I want a $500,00 home in Duarte, CA for no more then 4.5 APR Fixed with only 10%down. Am I in a dreamland?

Answers

3
Jake Johnson, , Melville, NY
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Hi Teara,

I work with one of the nations largest bankers and we will do FHA purchase loans down to 531 credit scores with good rental history and good credit showing for the last 12 months. 5% on the rate is possible, but your APR will always be higher with FHA loans because of the costs to get them. 3.5% is the minimum money down you have to pay to get this loan unless you are a military veteran in which case you don't have to put any money down. My name is Jake Johnson and my email is jjohnson@lendamerica.com if you have any questions.
Rana Madain, Agent, Glendora, CA
Tue May 26, 2009
Hi Teara,

No, your not in dreamland, you can have a reputable lender guide you to boost your credit scores. The bad news is a minimum 620 fico score is required. The positive news is I am a very active agent in Duarte (live and work in the community) and work with many local lenders that can help guide you to increase your credit scores in a timely manner. The city of Duarte also offers a great program for fist time Buyers as a silent second to help buyers move into to the city. I would be happy to guide you in the right direction to see if you can qualify for the $70,000 assistance and make positive changes to boost your scores. Stay positive, you are within reach.

Please don't hesitate to call or email me should you want referrals to lenders that may be able to help and guide you.

Lots's of Luck!

Rana Madain
REALTOR
Dickson Podely REALTORS
Ranam@dicksonpodley.com
626-827-9951
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue May 26, 2009
Hi Teara, I have good and not so good news: you need a minimum credit score of 620 these days; however, you can buy with a min down of 3.5% with an FHA loan.

For tips on how to improve your credit see:
http://docs.Steven-Anthony.com/SAR-YourCredit.pdf

Start working with a Mortgage Broker immediately so your can get some free consultation on how to approach your credit score.

Best, Steve