Home Buying in Westminster>Question Details

Joetta Fort,  in Arvada, CO

My clients need a house! Anyone know of a house coming up?

Asked by Joetta Fort, Arvada, CO Thu Mar 28, 2013

Qualified VA buyers need a house for $230,000 or less in Arvada, Westminster, or Broomfield with basement and 2-car garage, no bi-levels, prefer ranch style. If you know of one that might be coming on the market, maybe we could make a deal without the sellers having the hassle of showings. ???

Answers

6
cindilakes - if I COULD get my buyers into a house with no competition from other buyers, of course I'd do that for them. I'm looking out for my clients' best interest, that's my job.

Maybe you imagine some listing agent would see this post and call me and only allow me to show the house, without telling the seller that was what was going on? That's nuts - the listing agent is motivated to get the best price for their client, so why would they do that? As you said, more competition brings a higher price.

A listing agent would ONLY do so if the seller WANTED it done that way.

And if that's what the SELLER wants to do, that's no one's business but theirs. They have a right to call the shots, and they have no obligation to make you or me happy.

And as far as 'giving out information' goes - the RULES say the agent can only disclose what they are authorized by the seller to disclose. Listing agents do not have to tell buyer's agents IF there are other offers, how many there are, whether the seller accepted another offer, or for how much. You may not like it, but that's how it is.

BTW - the client that I was helping at the time this post was written has been happily moved into their new house for weeks now. I discovered a great technique to help my clients, and used it successfully for my next client too. It's quite simple, and anyone could do it.

I wish you all the best and I really do hope you get your new house soon.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
you're just reading into what you want to, all I meant about giving out information were simple things such as HOA fees, were there steps, are pets allowed, things that were not listed in the MLS. People that are so defensive usually have something to be defensive about!
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2013
Last time I checked this is a public forum, key word public. Good work Joetta. Cindilakes: This is a prime example of why you should hire a Realtor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
I have one Cory, that makes offer after offer. I have had agents not present offers to their sellers before. Agents that do not return calls to mine, agents that will barely give out info, because we all know they get ALL the commision if they find the buyer instead of splitting it with yours. What does this being a public forum having anything to do with being ethical and following the rules?
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013
cindilakes - I DO understand your frustration. Still, I want to assure you that I have no power to keep YOU from seeing any house out there. I hope you are working with a good, proactive agent who works hard to think of ways to get you into your new home, even if they have to think outside of the box and put in more time and effort than the typical methods require.

Personally, I have employed several methods to get my clients into homes that are outside of the 'norm', because I work hard to meet MY clients needs. Your agent should be doing the same for you, and if they're smart they won't rely on other agents looking out for you at the expense of their own clients.

Perhaps it would help if you understood the fact that many homeowners would much prefer not putting their house on the market and having a parade of strangers coming through. For instance, disabled people who can't easily leave the house for showings, people who have especially sensitive or valuable objects that can't easily be secured.

I could give you several specific examples of people who didn't want the typical scenario of putting their house on the market, but did want to sell and would do so if a buyer could be found in a simpler manner, but that would be giving away private information and I won't do it.

AND - if you look at Kimberly's answer - she was working for the best interest of HER client and telling me it was coming up, but she didn't say she was going to keep other buyers from seeing it. The only thing an answer like hers did to help me, was I could see if my client could get time off work or something, to be sure they got to see it before it went under contract. Your agent could do the same thing for you.

I find it interesting that you accuse me of breaking some part of the REALTOR Code of Ethics. The way I read it, I am to do the best job I can for MY client. If you know of some paragraph that says I did anything wrong posting this question, enlighten me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 13, 2013
You asked to MAKE A DEAL without the sellers having the hassle of showings-basically reread that as I want my buyers to be able to buy the house with no competition from any other buyers!! C'mon you can say anything you want to but basically you are trying to keep it off the market after a real estate agent has sworn to get the best offer for her clients, That means opening it up to ANYONE that wants to see it, because we aren't kindergartners, we all know properties go for much more than the asking price when there is competition involved. And you can quote all those scenarios of people not wanting showings, the seller didn't say there wasn't going to be showings, you said- 'maybe we could make a deal without the sellers having the hassle of showings. ???" ie let my buyers just buy the house! And MY agent does a great job, it is the other agents out there doing these deals under the table that are the problem.
Flag Sat Jul 13, 2013
or without giving other BUYERS the chance to see it it sounds like to me... agents like YOU are the reason buyers like ME are still struggling to buy!! Maybe you need to reread the realtors code of ethics!
FSBO: http://7305.weebly.com/ This might work for them.
I've got one coming on in the next couple of days in Westminster. Priced at $205,000. It's not a ranch but does have main floor bedroom, basement, and 2 car garage. Email me at kim.bauer@remax.net if you want more info.