Shraddha Shah,  in 23321

My buyer became know on closing table that city tax is $900 is more then listing input .so my buyre was very

Asked by Shraddha Shah, 23321 Fri May 9, 2008

upset so in this sitchuation what can I do ?

Tim Wies’ answer
Click here:

Select Query, then enter the street name in the top box and click next. That will give you the account number (4th column); save it. You can also click on the graphic in the first column to show the property in the GIS map.

Now, go here:

Select Account number, and enter (or copy/paste) the account number retrieved above and click on search. This will show you the tax records for this property and what they current taxes are.

Also, go here:

Select account number in the first drop down and enter the account number retrieved above, then click on FIND. This will give you the current assessment, past assessment, and sales history of the property.

I hope this helps,
hi there shraddha! so sorry that you had an unpleasant closing. i make sure that my clients understand that everything is approximate! nothing is exact until the final settlement statement. unfortunately even the tax link in the mls is not up to date. i think that the city tax link would be most accurate. there is nothing you can do in this sitution except to explain the error, apologize, and learn : ) and i agree with frank, a closing gift is always a nice touch. you can call barbara at Gift Baskets & More 757-622-0000. her baskets are wonderful closing presents and she can make them in any price range you like. they all look like they are worth a hundred $$'s. she does a great job! plus she delivers!! make sure to tell her kathi told you to call! be blessed!
Hi Shraddha,

When looking at listings on the MLS, I always click the "tax" link and double check to see if the listing agent has the correct tax information entered. Many times, list agents will enter old information and this is probably what happened. However, this doesn’t limit your fault as a licensed real estate agent.

Your client replies on you to provide them with accurate information, and the tax information is information you *should* have known about. Talk to you broker and explain to them the situation, and see what they suggest.

If I were in your shoes, I would buy a very nice (and fairly expensive) closing gift for your buyer to express your apologies and appreciation.

Frank Biganski, Realtor ABR