My boyfriend and I are looking to move to the Chattanooga area.

Asked by emailkuan, Chattanooga, TN Mon Jan 28, 2013

We would like to live in a rural area, about 30 - 45 minutes from downtown with 3 - 5 acres of flat grassy fields to train our dogs. What areas would be ideal for this? Thanks for your suggestions!

Answers

8
Kevin Sipe, , Chattanooga, TN
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Chattanooga presents a unique challenge. There are many wonderful rural areas that offer a wide variety of country amenities and lifestyles. One thing to think about is the river.

Because of the river and accessible bridges,considering what other traveling activities and needs will be helpful. For example if you think you will frequent the mountains in the Smokey National Forest or you will be traveling to Knoxville for football season for example, then being on the East side of the River is more accessible. Where as if you for example have friends or family Northwest of Chattanooga that you will frequent then being on the West side of the river will prove to be a time saver.

Accessibility to Hamilton Place Mall is more efficient from the east side of the river.
Michael Bish…, Agent, Hixson, TN
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Try searching North Hamilton, Bradley, and Rhea Counties. This would include Dayton, Soddy Daisy, Sale Creek, Birchwood, Georgetown, McDonald, Ooltewah, and Cleveland. Dayton is a great place to call home. I live there myself. Call me at (423) 847-8001 if I can help.

Michael Bishop
UpwardRealty.com
Kathy Mittel…, Agent, Hixson, TN
Tue Jan 29, 2013
I feel that Soddy Daisy, Sale Creek, Harrison, Ootlewah and Apison in Tennessee would be good choices. There are always properties of the size you mention that are a little further in that come on the market some times. I know a few dog trainers I could introduce you to who may have some other suggestions for you. Please contact me if you would like further help with your search at Crye-Leike Realtors 423-870-5202. My website is http://kathym.crye-leike.com.
Nick Thomas, , Chattanooga, TN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
I will be glad to help you, give me a call. There are great areas in any direction from Chattanooga but you do need assistance to find what is right for you!
FarmLandDealer
Nick Thomas
423 762. 8000 cell
LANDDEALER@Gmail.com
Nathan Torge…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
I would recommend searching in the North Georgia area (LaFayette or Ringgold) or in Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Collegedale or Apison in Tennessee.
Elizabeth Mo…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Glad to hear you are considering Chattanooga!! I would suggest you take a look at the Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah/Apison/Collegedale areas to start. Both of these areas are within a 30-40 minute drive to downtown Chattanooga. If you would like to see some options of properties in this area, feel free to check out my website http://www.findmychattanoogahome.com or if you have specific questions, please feel free to call 423-645-4224.

Elizabeth Moyer
Keller Williams
423-664-1900 Office
Diane Burke, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
You could look on Soddy Daisy, Harrison or Birchwood, or in Bradley County. Use the link below to help you with your search and let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Happy Househunting!
Lorry Asling…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Sale creek is a great area with land available. It is within the distance of downtown you have requested. I have several listing there if you would like more information. Lorry Aslinger 423 827 3939 chattanoogaproperties.org