Moving to Orlando from the UK

Asked by Gary H, Sarasota, FL Wed Apr 24, 2013

I now appreciate that neither Dr Phillips nor Lake Nona do Short term rentals. So i am thinking of staying in a villa on Emerald Island when we come over on vaction in July 2013.

Would a villa on Emerald Island be the best place to stay in, to finally pursuade my wife and children to make the move permanently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Answers

8
Hurchell Wil…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
UNITED TEAM REALTY, HURCHELL WILLIAMSON,ORLANDO REAL ESTATE BROKER.

I moved from London to Florida 20 years ago. Emerald Island is gorgeous and a good place for a vacation .. while you are here in Orlando, Please let me show you around in Windermere, Dr. Phillips,Bayhill, celebration and Winter Park. After you visit these places i'm sure you wouldn't want to go back to England and your family will definitely want to move here..When you are ready to start looking for a dedicated real estate Broker please contact me ( 866-692-1600) As we communicate I can get a better idea of what kind of house you are looking for and have some lined up for you to see while you are here.

Email: homes@unitedteamrealty.com
http://www.utrhomes.com
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Hi Gary H,

Emerald Island is a great vacation spot for you and the family to stay when you come over to visit.
A place to "hang your hat" so to speak while you are out looking at areas to purchase a home to live in. I actually have sold units in there and it has a great vacation feel!

You may not want that constant "vacation" feel when you move here permanently.

When you do get here, and settled in, and want to roam around and look at properties let your agent know. You should have one in place to work "with" you before you get here. It will make the experience that much more enjoyable. It will also get you into properties as some require 24-48 hours notice, and keep a current view of what's available.

You can check any of our profiles by clicking on our picture.

Any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Chris Godkin, Agent, Celebration, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Gary
Call me directly to discuss +1-407-361-0501.
I did the same with my family 13 years ago, never looked back!
If you want to e-mail me your contact details, I'll be happy to call you.
I think I can help you in many ways including any Real Estate requirements you may have now or in the future.
Chris

ChrisGodkin@remax.net
http://www.ChrisGodkin.remax.com
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Hi again Gary, happy to see you've figured it out. I knew you would. Emerald Island is a great place, but is is in the middle of tourist land and is miles from reality. Great for a vacation, not so great for getting feel for what it's like to live here. For what you want to accomplish, a house on the edge of tourist land might be better. That way they will get a feel for what it's really like to live here. For what you want I would think a rental in Bella Vida, Terra Verde, Lake Berkley, or Seasons would be better. They are all on the eastern edge of tourist land.

Broker Dave, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Gary,

Emerald Island is your good bet for short term. A nice and clean neighborhood to stay without the mega vacation amenities that would give them a false sense of thinking life would be pools and water parks and video games all day.

I would spend time going to state parks, researching community gatherings like farmers markets and weekend art shows etc... Go to local malls like Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs to get away from the tourist areas.

And that would be the key to it all, 'GET AWAY FROM THE TOURIST AREAS', make it less a holiday and more about 'LIVING FLORIDA'!

Hope this helps,

Dave Lowe, real estate broker
davelowe@OrlandoHomeStore.com
Graduate Realtor Institute
Certified Distress Property Expert
Real Estate Property Management
Real Estate Marketing Professional

I offer buyer rebates to help you with the thousands needed for your closing cost.
Kristy Kristy, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Hi Gary,

I can appreciate you wanting as many opinions as possible. Once you are ready to start working with one dedicated realtor please contact me. As we communicate I can get a better idea of what kind of house you are looking for and have some lined up for you to see while you are here.

Please email me directly at kmcky@aol. Com

Kristy McKay
Keller Williams realty
Raquel Berdi…, Agent, Oviedo, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
I moved from the UK to Florida 8 years ago. Emerald Island sounds like a great idea, as it is near Disney.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Do you understand the process of getting a green card? I have a son who has been waiting 6 years for one of those .... (from the UK).
EilaOrr, , Orlando, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Emerald Island is gorgeous and a good place for a vacation and I am sure you wife will definitely want to move. I stayed there about 4 years ago and would love to move to Orlando. So if you get the chance, go for it. Plenty of opportunities for the family.

I recently purchased a 4-bedroom villa with pool at Veranda Palms Kissimmee within a gated community, which is only 3 miles from Walt Disney World. The following is a link to my villa "Kyles Cove" and gives a virtual tour of the property. Emerald Island is approx 4miles away.

The process of buying my property was amazingly smooth and enjoyable. I worked alongside the "The Flamingo Group" to achieve my dream and following the successful purchase of my property, I liked the experience so much that I joined the company.

Please check out my website http://floridapropertystore.co.uk for further details on new developments in the Orlando/ Disney area.

My colleagues in Orlando would love to show you around and can advise you on all aspects of purchasing a property in the USA.

By using The Flamingo Group I know through experience that you will be working with highly knowledgeable and experienced professionals who will work tirelessly to meet your requirements and specifications.

If you decide to purchase a property for short-term rental we can provide advice on the best management companies and marketing consultants. I can also provide you with advice on where to purchase tickets for the many amenities and attractions that Orlando has to offer.

If I can be of any assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me. My colleague Lisa Arcia would be more than happy to set up a time to speak with you, if you would like. Lisa can be contacted on
407 716 1662 or email Lisa@ThePinkFlamingo.info

Assuring you of my best attention and service at all times.

Kind Regards,

Tel:UK +44 (0)1635 37956

Mobile:UK +44 (0)7590466602

E-mail: Eila@ThePinkFlamingo.info

Web: http://www.FloridaPropertyStore.co.uk