Moving to Fort Collins -- how far in advance should we visit to secure a rental (for now - house or apt)?

Asked by Laurie, California Wed Apr 23, 2008

I'm from SoCal and you have to be ready to put down a deposit the day you find a place here.

Answers

5
Mike Malvey, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri May 9, 2008
Laurie - There are also great short-term rentals available that include all utilities and Internet access. You can rent these townhomes on a monthly basis and they are furnished. My out of state buyers have raved about the convenience of these homes. Email me if you would like additional information on these short-term rentals: Mike@MikeMalvey.com
Carrie Holmes, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Fri Apr 25, 2008
Welcome to Colorado! Since Fort Collins is more of a college town many rental terms coincide with the school year. You'll find that one year leases on houses start in June/July or August. This is the time you have the most variety and options to choose from. Properties are being leased now for the beginning of August, so students can secure their housing before they leave for summer break. There are always properties available though, as not all landlords run on this same schedule. The reply below gives you the top two sites and resources for rental properties in Fort Collins; http://www.NorthernColoradoRentals.com and Craigslist

If you have any questions regarding the differences between CA Real Estate and CO Real Estate don't hesitate to call. I'm a local Realtor, originally from CA, and have been here 7 years- so I am familiar with both areas.
Kindly, Carrie Holmes 970-988-0242
Brad Lowell, Agent, Fort Collins, CO
Thu Apr 24, 2008
We live in Ft. Collins. We have some rentals available on our website: http://www.dynamicrealestate.net. You can go to Craigs List and find rental listings. Also visit northerncoloradorentals.com. You are welcome to give us a call and we can tell you about the rental market here.
Thank You,
Shawna Lowell
Dynamic Real Estate
Office: 970-226-4433
Kathryn Carl…, Agent, Conifer, CO
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Now is the time -- to start looking for rentals. Many to choose from-- as Sellers wants to hold onto their property-- so it appreciates. The sooner the better-- so you have a great selection.
Kurt Thomas, , 81501
Wed Apr 23, 2008
contact some online, visit 60-45 days before you want to move. Most only get a 30 day notice however.