Home Buying in Hartford>Question Details

Jenn H., Home Buyer in Virginia

Moving to CT, working in Hartford-Aetna. Trying to decide based on commute. Avon, Glastonbury, W. Simsbury, Higganum, Lebanon, willimatic.

Asked by Jenn H., Virginia Sun Sep 18, 2011

Willing to spend up to 1.5 mil. Safety and community important.

Hi Jenn - I specialize in the Simsbury, Avon, Granby...Greater Hartford market and know it well (I have many friends employed at Aetna, too). Please let me know if I can send some property matches your way. I can be reached at lizanolan@prudentialct.com or 203-623-6242. I have some commute suggestions based on the towns you've listed. Talk soon, Liza Nolan
Hi Jenn-

If I were you and looking to spend up to $1.5mm, I would look at Avon and West Simsbury first, then Glastonbury and forget about the others. (of course you will get more for your money in Higganum, Lebonon, and Willimantic but to me, these towns are a bit more sleepy.) I like Avon and West Simsbury as they are charming, safe, upscale towns with good schools with close proximity to West Hartford which offers very nice shopping/dining options and offer a quick, easy commute to Aetna in Hartford.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can help you with your mortgage needs.

Chris Goodrich
Executive Mortgage Banker
Northpoint Mortgage
Rocky Hill, CT
e: cgoodrich@trynorthpoint.com
Jenn, If you are willing to travel up to 30 - 35 minutes (all highway I-91) and would consider areas south of Hartford, I would be happy to assist with your search. If you would like more information on some of the towns, or a sampling of homes, feel free to contact me at the number or e-mail address below.

Roger Beale
Prudential Ct Realty
North Haven Ct, 06473
Hi Jenn,

I am very familiar with the Hartford county market and I would welcome the opportunity to work with you as you make the transition from Virginia to Connecticut. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Krista Harrington
Diversified Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011