Home Buying in Barstow>Question Details

classictruck…, Home Buyer in Barstow, CA

Moving mobile home

Asked by classictruck59, Barstow, CA Sat Jun 30, 2012

I am thinking about buying one of my parents property. I want to move the mobile home I am living in right now in a mobile park in Barstow to the 5 acres property in Newberry Springs. It is 1984 mobile home. Will I be able to do that and if so what do I need to do to be able to move it to the property.

Answers

2
First of all if it's a 1984 "MANUFACTURED HOME", it's not a "MOBILE HOME". They quit making "TRAILERS" in June of 1976. Yes, you may move your "MANUFACTURED HOME" onto your parents 5 acre parcel if it is code compliant. To determine that you will have to check with your local building department.

There shouldn't be a problem unless there are pre existing CC&R's that prohibit MH's. That stated. Should you ever attempt to apply for an FHA guaranteed forward or reverse mortgage you'll be out of luck inasmuch as FHA will not fund a home that's been moved from its original situs. Hope this helps.
Assuming the lot you buy allows mobile homes then it would seem you could move it there. If you are in a mobile home park your trailer is personal property and you are renting the pad it sits on. You would need to contact a company that moves trailers, your mobile home park landlord should be able to give you some names.