Home Buying in Barstow>Question Details

classictruck…, Home Buyer in Barstow, CA

Moving mobile home

Asked by classictruck59, Barstow, CA Sat Jun 30, 2012

I am thinking about buying one of my parents property. I want to move the mobile home I am living in right now in a mobile park in Barstow to the 5 acres property in Newberry Springs. It is 1984 mobile home. Will I be able to do that and if so what do I need to do to be able to move it to the property.

Help the community by answering this question:


First of all if it's a 1984 "MANUFACTURED HOME", it's not a "MOBILE HOME". They quit making "TRAILERS" in June of 1976. Yes, you may move your "MANUFACTURED HOME" onto your parents 5 acre parcel if it is code compliant. To determine that you will have to check with your local building department.

There shouldn't be a problem unless there are pre existing CC&R's that prohibit MH's. That stated. Should you ever attempt to apply for an FHA guaranteed forward or reverse mortgage you'll be out of luck inasmuch as FHA will not fund a home that's been moved from its original situs. Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
Assuming the lot you buy allows mobile homes then it would seem you could move it there. If you are in a mobile home park your trailer is personal property and you are renting the pad it sits on. You would need to contact a company that moves trailers, your mobile home park landlord should be able to give you some names.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer