Moving from Minnesota this summer

Asked by Ashley_a_1984, Chaska, MN Mon Mar 25, 2013

Is it possible to buy a house in Bakersfield that is contingent upon the sale of our home in MN? We need the money from the sale for a down payment.

Answers

3
Jeanie Sims, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Hi Ashely,

It is possible, but not likely. It would depend on your price range. Higher end properties tend to sit on the market longer. Is your home currently in escrow? Many listings are getting multiple offers, so a seller would not be inclined to take a contingent offer when they have other buyers ready to go.

Jeanie Sims
Miramar International
Ph. 661-343-6836
Jim Summers, , Bakersfield, CA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
In our current market, I would say it is doubtful. Sellers are getting mutiple offers on homes and most homes sell very quickly. A seller is risking the loss of a buyer with any contingency. If your home is already in escrow, your chances would improve. However, if it is on the market or your plan to put it on the market in the near future, sellers will not accept your contingency. I realize this is probably not what you want to hear, but it is the truth. Would you want to accept a contingency on the sale of your home? Probably not, unless your market is depressed.
Dee Oliver, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
I would like to discuss this with you in order to ask some questions about the sale of your home. Please give me a call at 661-747-7763. Thank you DEE OLIVER - REALTOR - MIRAMAR INTERNATIONAL