Mover & Shaker looking for terrific heartbreath-taking place to start my new life in Houston. Started Q hit button too quick. WPB FL move

Asked by Kallie, Grand Rapids, MI Tue Jan 8, 2013

3/2013... I've been advised it is better to live N. of I-10 for community, safety, schools and resale value. I am under contract for 2 yrs working part time for a consulting firm. I would prefer full time and permanent but who knows what the assignment may bring. No children divorced and looking for cultural amenities close by as well as outdoor activities, parks, greenspace, whole foods type places. Is there a "sub" or "zip" that I should look to or avoid? I'd like to do my homework before taking on a realtor so I can get my "have to haves" and "wish list" in order for him/her.
Prefer TH or turnkey/low maintenance but resale is a huge factor - considering I don't know if I will have a job after 2 years and I will probably be working a lot of hours to try and fit in and do good at my job.
77007, 77006 etc.
I've got different viewpoints -from a hairdresser I saw during my interview: Midtown or Montrose/Neartown says is more modern, eclectic, better resale and close to everything.
From a recru

Answers

10
Deja Land, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Kim,

Now that I'm reading the above I realize some of the properties I sent you in the previous posting may not be exactly what you're looking for. I apologize for the individual who made the comment about the N of I10 being safer since there are many wonderful areas South of I-10 which include the areas of the Heights, Memorial, Briar Forest, Meyerland, Bellaire, West U, Etc...

I have reselected listings for you to consider in great areas:

Single Family Homes:
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1353265…

Townhome/Condos:
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=5446038…

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Deja

Deja Land
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
5111 Bellaire Blvd. / 77401
713.585.5017 Mobile
713.349.7230 Office
713.349.9912 Fax
dejaland@live.com
facebook.com/dejaland

Home is where the heart is... Let me help you find the perfect Home to fill a lifetime of memories.

Before working with a real estate broker, you should know that the duties of a broker depend on whom the broker represents. If you are a prospective seller or landlord (owner) or a prospective buyer or tenant (buyer), you should know that the broker who lists the property for sale or lease is the owner’s agent. A broker who acts as a subagent represents the owner in cooperation with the listing broker. A broker who acts as a buyer’s agent represents the buyer. A broker may act as an intermediary between the parties if the parties consent in writing. A broker can assist you in locating a property, preparing a contract or lease, or obtaining financing without representing you. A broker is obligated by law to treat you honestly.

Please click on this link for further information... http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/op-k.pdf. I am required by law to present this to you upon first contact. When I meet with you I will ask you to acknowledge this document by signing for my file.
Arnold Richie, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hello Kim,

There are so many great areas of town that have what you are looking for. You might want to prioritize being close to your work, since traffic and commuting is a big factor in Houston. Areas that you mention as well as the Highland Village area, Greenway, Memorial areas are superb for having amenities and being close the Downtown, Memorial Park, the Galleria, etc.

Good advice herein on meeting with a loan officer as only a percentage of part-time income can be used. Contact Terry at Outlook Mortgage 713-592-5665.

I'm sure that all of us would like to have your patronage as Realtors, so if you wish to work with me:

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
Alfonso Paro…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Hello There,

It all depends on you budget .Please post so we can help you better.

Larry Stovall, Agent, Cypress, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Kim,

Sounds like zip code 77006 and 007 is where you should be.Has everything you're looking for.Prices in these zips have continued upward so be prepared for sticker shock. Upside is these prices are not about to retreat.

Contact me if you need more specific information.Just click my pic.

Larry
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Also, I have a friend building some beautiful 3 and 4 bedroom townhomes North of I-10. They are well designed, though-out floor plan and specs.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference:  http://joelocator.com
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Visit my personal web-site, joelocator.com, when you have an opportunity. I work and reside here in the City.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference:  http://joelocator.com
Jordana Ford, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Houston does not have zoning so be careful about what is around you. Lots of building in midtown and sawyer park that might fit the bill. You did not talk budget so that makes a difference in terms of neighborhoods. Think about your tolerance for traffic and parking issues. Also, many of the TH are 3 story. You might look at a mid rise. Just sold one in the Piedmont....nice building. The market is pretty competitive right now so be prepared to move fast.
Ramonica Cal…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Kim,

Many areas Inner Loop (Montrose, Houston Heights, Rice Village, Midtown ) have access to the cultural/social things you are looking for. This location depending exactly where Inner Loop should be good for a quick sale turn around. Feel free to give me a call should you have any questions.

Ramonica
832-293-5385
Thanks Ramonica, I like your response, your web and your photo. I will call once I get temp housing clearance and can start to do active search. I appreciate your intro.
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Patti Fleming, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Good afternoon Kim,

There are several great neighborhoods in the near downtown and midtown area. Since resale is a big factor you may consider a single family or free standing home rather than a town home or condo.

Please call me so that we can discuss this in more detail. We also will need to get you in front of a knowledgeable lender in order to be sure your part time status will work with today's lending climate. There are several ways around this and I know of an excellent lender that is very familiar with 1099 contract income.

You may reach me directly at: 832-549-5422. I look forward to helping you narrow down your decision and help you with a smooth and effortless move!

Warm regards,

Patricia Fleming
Trulia pro
832-549-5422
Pattif@aim4cash.com
Lance Loken, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hi Kim,

We completely understand your desire to do your research before talking with a Realtor, but working with you one-on-one is really the best way to help you find an area that suits your needs! There are a lot of factors to consider that you don't have listed here - where you'll be commuting to, your price range, what you're looking for in a home, etc. There are a lot of great areas in Houston, and we're confident we can help you find the one that's best for you!

We'd be happy to help you along in your area search - contact us today with your info and we'll get you in touch with one of our area experts.

Hope this helps,

The Loken Group
281- 861- 4624
info@thelokengroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.thelokengroup.com