Mountain House Area

Asked by Jami, Columbus, OH Thu Jan 17, 2008

I have been reading some of the posts that were made here regarding Mountain House Ca. I have a few further questions I was hoping to get some help with. Please be as frank as possible. My
husband is entertaining an opportunity to work for a company located in Palo Alto. He is being offered around 200K starting salary, which would go a long way here in Ohio. However, as we are quickly seeing (neither of us have been to CA) with research on the internet, that doesnt go as far in California. We live a nice lifestyle here in Ohio along with our 3 children. I dont want to sacrifice that and downgrade in quality of life by moving to a more "strapped" life in CA. We realized that we were going to have to live outside of Palo Alto and really the bay area in general to get more affordable housing and continue to have the space for our kids. My questions: What would the commute be like? Is MH a nice are or going to be nice? Is his salary going to be ok in CA? Are there any other areas ? Thanks

Answers

1
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Thu Jan 17, 2008
It is a 120 mile trip round trip from Mountain Home to Palo Alto. The commute would be very long and stressful, in my opinion. . Bay Area freeways are famously crowded at commute times. Though the commute might be one hour on a rare "good day"; most days it will take longer.