Mortgages for non citizens

Asked by Ronco, 01532 Wed Jun 17, 2009

We relocated to Carlsbad from the UK in December and wish to buy a home. We have been told that because of our lack of US credit history and the fact that we are on visas, that we are only able to borrow the $417 conforming loan amount. We need to borrow just a little more to buy the house we want (another $10,000).
We had an excellent UK credit history and are credit scores here are over 700. We have $235,000 as a deposit.
We have been approved for the $417 loan

Answers

2
Angela Dolber, Agent, Whitinsville, MA
Thu Jun 18, 2009
We would need some more information from you to answer this question. I work with a mortgage broker who might be able to help you depending on where you are looking to buy, your income, etc, so give him a call or send him an email.

Mark Alley
Key Home Mortgage
508-366-0636
malley@keyhomemortgage.com

Good luck! Angela Dolber, Realtor, Prudential Prime Properties angela@pruprimehomes.com
Joan Hathaway, , 01778
Wed Jun 17, 2009
I believe that you might need a "portfolio" loan, that is a loan that the lender does not sell on the secondary market. I would suggest that you call a good loan rep and ask if they do Portfolio loans and then go from there. One suggestion would be to call Paul Winquist who is a Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist at 781-258-2600 (cell) or send him an email at Winquist.Paul@gmail.com. I hope this information can help you in some way.