Dave, Renter in 03801

Modular resale values

Asked by Dave, 03801 Mon Aug 26, 2013

I'm considering a modular home as a first time homebuyer. How do their resale values compare to stick built? Are modulars a good investment?

Answers

2
Paul Bouchard, Agent, Brunswick, NY
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Hello my name is Paul Bouchard and have been a builder since early 1980s, and a modular builder since 1990. And first licensed to sell real estate since 1985, and presently am still Lisenced and selling as well as helping people but develop land and develop my lots. In all these efforts I have developed and built stick built , modular and panelized. And if the modulars are built with proper specifications they are being appraised for newly built or resale at the same values as others homes of the same spesicication. Of course the exceptions are when they are built with poor spesicication (roof sheathing, floor sheathing etc ) or if the company builds in a less than exceptable building methods (starting with poor base materials and building methods) or if a home has been neglected and it resale value reflects the condition. Actually most good manufacturers build their homes much much stronger to be able to sustain the transportation. Also there are differences in how one manufurer build versus another so it pays to do a factory tours to see which manufacturer you like. So feel free to develop your home with a modular , BUT if it is a quality home you are likely to save no more than 5% to 10% if all goes well

Paul M Bouchard Lisenced through Heer Realty and builder dealer for Westchester Modular and Signature Building Systems. 518-3691914. PS My next modular in the NY Capital District area is in a October on one of my lots that I recently sold to a customer.
Jerome Newki…, Agent, WATERFORD, NY
Tue Aug 27, 2013
When you are looking to buy or sale a home you are going to comparable apples to apples. Stick built to stick built and modular to modular. The time, effort and quality involved with each is complete different and is reflected in the prices. I have seen in recent articles and You tube videos that have suggested that modular houses are better and have increased in quality and energy star ratings. As far a comparison on resale value they are similar in their prospective fields depending always of age, design, condition, location and size.

As far as an investment I please give me a call to explain that part of the question.

Jerome P Newkirk
Licensed New York State Real Estate Broker
Revision Real Estate
35 Broad Street
Waterford, NY 12188
518-229-0366 cell Direct
518-438-2221 office
518-235-0055 Fax
http://www.jpnrealty.com
jpnrealty@yahoo.com