Mobile homes over $200,00 MUST INCLUDED THE LOT?? How much is average lot RENTS in that area?

Asked by Annpalmer, Mesa, AZ Sun Dec 22, 2013

Answers

5
Jeanna and R…, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Tue Nov 25, 2014
Ann, likely a house over $200,000 is in a land ownership park here in Camarillo.

To find a home in this market with a low space rent under $50,000 it will be hard yet not impossible if you are flexible on the home and doing your own upgrades.

We are specialists in Manufactured/mobile homes in Ventura County. If you are still looking to move back to California! We are here to help!

Rick and Jeanna
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Dec 31, 2013
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park

Be sure to have it thoroughly inspected by an experienced MH inspector and not just any home inspector as there are several nuances with MHs that you don't have in a conventional site-built home and most home inspectors not familiar with these nuances will not even know what to look for.

Make sure the inspector crawls under the home and thoroughly inspects each and every pier and pad assembly for rust, deterioration and decomposition if steel and for decomposition if concrete as homes close to the ocean can be severely impacted by salt.

They should also make sure the home is level by checking all the doors and windows to make sure that they are not swinging or sticking and that all the strike plates on the doors are properly aligned and the doors close soundly.

The inspector should also inspect the steel mainframe for rust and decomposition as well. I can't tell you how many mainframes we've had to repair that were suffering and in some cases even failing from rust and deterioration related issues.

Be sure and have the inspector check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier under the floor. If there are openings in this membrane it could allow the insulation under the floor to become compromised and even fall on the ground.

Openings in the vapor barrier are also a great place for rodents and cats to habitate and reproduce. We've eradicated countless critters from these cavities over the years and it's not a very pleasant experience.

Finally and very importantly make sure the home has a California State Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) certified earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS) as most areas in California are classified as a Zone 4 earthquake area which holds a high probability of risk for a seismic event..

We are a California licensed and experienced manufactured home and general contractor and manufactured home dealer, developer and real estate brokerage with decades of experience in the MH industry.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at 800 909-1110; cell: 760 815-6977. Or email us at onthelevel@cox.net.

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
http://www.mh-processing.com http://www.tagrealestatesales.com http://www.chadofalltrades.com http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com

Also be aware that the MH is a PRE HUD, built before June 15, 1976. Mobile Homes built up to 1979 are known to have caustic (formaldehyde) and carcinogenic (asbestos) chemicals in the insulation, popcorn ceilings, acoustical tile, particle board sub floors and perhaps even countertops.
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park. But you should also make sure you have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Thu Dec 26, 2013
Marvelous. Welcome home :-). Let me know how I can assist with your transition to Ventura County next year.
Annpalmer, Both Buyer And Seller, Mesa, AZ
Thu Dec 26, 2013
I must sell my house in Mesa, AZ before I can buy in Ventura Co. My 2005 mfg. home is on OWNED land of 60 X 110, plenty of room for RVs, etc. Selling furnished, with everything, so I am hoping SOON I will find a Snow Bird and/or RVer buyer, then I can shop for a place to live in Ventura Co. Sadly, it will not hold a "candle to this one, but I need to be back in CA!! I need to find a mobile home for under $50,000 and pay cash, hopefully in a park that the rents I can afford, I am a single senior woman and have to have suplimental income that there are far more opportunities for my work around the LA area.
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sun Dec 22, 2013
Senior Parks:
Camarillo Mobile Estates = $825.-$1,050/month
Rancho Adolfo MHP = $151-$186./mo + Prop Tax (1.25%) to apx $650./month if u don't own the land.
Camarillo Springs MHP = $165.-$260./month + Property taxes (1.25% apx) u own the land.

Family Park (1):
Lamplighter MHP = $1,000.-1,026/month
Currently there are 13 mobile homes from sale in Camarillo, ranging from $45,000 to $280,000. Also, there is one listed at $449K. You can buy condos in nearby 24-hour gated Leisure Village in the $270's and up range.

I hope this helps :-)
Barry is correct for the most part. However, Manufactured Homes, whether with site or not, are constructed in superior enviroment than site buitl (stick) homes. They are inspected at the factory under required regulations that exceed the regulations of stick built homes. You can buy in communities like Leisure Village for a lower price but you get what you pay for. Keep in mind Manufactured Homes do increase in value in the same level as stick built. There is a manufactured home in Oxnard Imperial Mobil Estates for $128,000 that is superior to any site built home. The space rent is $675 including the utilities. I am happy to show you the home if you are interested.
Flag Mon Dec 23, 2013