Minimum Credit Score For Fha Loan

Asked by Ty, Baltimore, MD Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

2
, ,
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Most lenders are 640. Some go to 620 and some even advertise as low as 580 but I promise you the UW will look for ANY reason to deny loans with credit scores that low. I have seen people bounce a few checks and be told no. Trust me if your score is 700 that won't be a reason for denial. I have a program as low as 600 but again it's much tougher to get qualified. ANY late payments in the last 12 months will pretty much doom the loan. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

PS. Your best bet is to work with a lender to review, understand and improve your credit score.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407
Well my score is def not 700 lol, but i would guess its around 600. I will be pulling a credit report/score from each Credit bureau tomorrow to see where i stand. I just wish i didn't have to pay $30 a piece for them. If i can use money in my 401K then i will have 10% down if that helps the situation any. I am looking to get into a house quickly if possible sense my lease ends in September, but it seems like its not looking good. I appreciate your reply it has def been helpful. BTW, what the UW?
Flag Thu Aug 16, 2012
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 16, 2012
FHA can be flexible on the Credit Score;
They also look at your Debt to Income ratio, D/I, and it may be more important.