Mentor PLEASE? Anyone willing to take us under wing?

Asked by Ross & Kim, New Era, MI Thu Sep 13, 2007

Looking for someone with experience in real estate, good moral character, honest, and who has our best interest at heart, to help and guide us in our endevors. We just really need someone who is willing to share experiences and knowledge with us to help us to not make the huge mistakes most do. Is there someone who truly loves what they do, and is wanting and willing to help and to guide others to personal independance? We are looking for you, please contact us..

Answers

5
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Thu Sep 13, 2007
Send your questions!
To best avoid problems, understand the real estate process:
1) Location
2) Best leveraging of your money
3) What is the best use of a property?
4) Understand financing..at the end of the day it is all about the APR...the ACTUAL EFFECTIVE interest rate.
Web Reference:  http://www.iansellsnola.com
Bill Park, , Livingston County, MI
Thu Sep 13, 2007
It is always great to meet people actually looking for a mentor. In real estate there are many fine agents. Good agents take care of business. Great agents do act as mentor and teacher. When I took my real estate pre license training over 22 years ago, I was like everyone else in real estate, I had a license. Since then I have learned a lot. Hundreds of transactions with both buyers and sellers have shown me to take care of all kinds of people. For a buyer or seller who employs me I am first their advisor, about everything, explaining, teaching showing and asking lots and lots of questions. The second role that I take is that of Advocate. My job is to be your professional advocate, taking care of your best interest above all others in the transaction, even my own. Finally, I am a professional 3rd party negotiator. I am the one who ensures that we have everything lined up the way it should be. When it is time to go to the closing table I want to be certain that you don't pay more than you should or if you are seller, and I am working for you, I want to ensure that you get your money and can go on to your next transaction, maybe I will even be your agent there too. So, in a nut shell, nobody cares what you know until they know that you care. I hope that I can help you.
Web Reference:  http://www.parkplaces.com
Artur Urbans…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu Sep 13, 2007
Ross & Kim,
I would love to help you with information you might need. You might be better of with a local agent/broker as I don't know Michigan. However, please feel free to send any questions you might have by email and I tell you if I can or cannot help you with answers.
Web Reference:  http://www.cimpler.com
Carolyn Gala…, Agent, Chatham, NJ
Thu Sep 13, 2007
HI! I would recommend you rewrite your question. Are you interested in becoming independent real estate investors? Have you purchasd property before or are you first time buyers/ investors? what price range are you targeting?
Missy Caulk, Agent, Saline, MI
Thu Sep 13, 2007
I have 13 years experience, what type of help do you need ? Where are you looking for a home to buy and one to sell ?