Major differences between New Rochelle and White Plains?

Asked by Holly, New Rochelle, NY Thu Mar 6, 2008

I have been thinking of purchasing a 2 bedroom condo in NR or WP and am having trouble deciding. I heard NR might be a better investment as it is not as "built up" up WP and plans to do a lot of renovations. Does anyone have any information they can share?

Answers

1
Anthony Marc…, Agent, New Rochelle, NY
Tue Oct 21, 2008
I am a life-long resident of the City of New Rochelle. There are may reasons to look for a home here including proximity to NYC, billions of dollars in new development in our downtown including a completed Trump Plaza and 2 Avalon Communities rental buildings with approximately 1000 new tenants, an awsome entertainment complex called New Roc, an amazing ecclectic dining experience, a multi-cultural and diverse community with many different houses of worship, miles of waterfront with access from many city and county parks including 2 beaches, a municipal marina for the boating enthusiasts, plenty of senior assisted living facilities for loved ones, a great school system just to name a few. If you are interested in taking a tour of New Rochelle, please contact me. I promise to show you the good and bad that New Rochelle has to offer so you can make an intelligent decision. I used this answer to a different question as well and I wanted to add something for you to think about. New Rochelle is up and coming, White Plains is about 10 years ahead of us with respect to tax base from retail and business. New Rochelle has 2 projects on the near horizon which includes another Trump/Cappelli double tower including 300,000 sf of office space, the "W" hotel, 150,000sf of retail on ground floor as well as 160 additional condo or rental units. We are also in the exploritory stage of a 26 acre waterfront development which was recently rewarding to a very cash deep company which includes a hotel, city center, retail, biking and walking trail along the Long Island Sound. New Rochelle is White Plains with real water views. I believe that you will have a lot more condos to choose from in White Plains. New Rochelle has approximately 8-10 condo complexes to pick from. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in viewing anything in New Rochelle.

Anthony Marciano, Broker
http://www.Century21Marciano.com

P. Anthony Marciano, Broker
www. Century21Marciano.com
Anthony Marciano, Broker http://www.Century21Marciano.com