Made $ offer 2 buy home MLS # 409044 at it's full listed price Oct 28.Our agent trying to get hold of seller agent; e-mail/phone.No answer.What?

Asked by Kelly, 92342 Wed Dec 14, 2011

2 do? I don't understand why seller's agent won't answer to a cash offer for full listed price. At least acknowledge the fact that he received it. My agent is frustrated, so am I.

Answers

6
Annette Roper, Agent, HELENDALE, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Hi Kelly,

Sorry that you are having difficulty reaching this agent or getting an answer. :( It is frustrating for all concerned when this type of behavior is exhibited by agents or brokers, and I have run it to it several times myself. If your agent cannot get any kind of response from the listing agent, my suggestion would be to have your agent call the broker and explain the situation. If your agent cannot get a response from the broker, you can file a complaint. The MLS shows that this is a short sale property, and the wait times for an answer on a short sale can be a few days or a few months. However, you should be able to get at least an acknowledgement from the listing agent that an offer has been received! Good luck to you and your agent!

Annette Roper
Professional Realty
Duretta Lora…, , Helendale, CA
Fri Sep 14, 2012
This is not unusual, especially if the property already has an accepted offer on it. It is not kind to others not to respond, but sad to say, some don't. If I were the agent, I would now contact the office manager or Broker over the agent. Good luck to you on your next offer! Duretta
Garrigus Real…, Agent, Redlands, CA
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Your agent needs to inform you a bit on our industry and the day-to-day dealings. Just because you made a full list price cash offer does not mean that you are the highest OR the best offer. Also, unfortunately there are agents and other professionals in the real estate industry that do not honor simple courtesy, like an acknowledgement of your offer. It happens all the time, really.
Marcia Mayben, , Helendale, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
I called and spoke with the agent and he said that there is an accepted all cash offer on this property. I hope it is you. Marcia Mayben, agent
Bo Goulet, b…, Agent, Spring Valley Lake, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Kelly;

I can fully understand your frustration. It is only common courtesy for an agent to acknowledge receipt of an offer. Talk with your agent regarding the expiration of your offer. The MLS states that this is a short sale, which means that the seller is selling the property for less than they owe, and are asking the bank to forgive the amount of the loan that the sales price doesn't pay. This is a difficult process, and communication is the key to a successful transaction. If your offer isn't accepted prior to the expiration, you may consider submitting an offer on another property.
Duretta Lora…, , Helendale, CA
Wed Dec 14, 2011
And, what is sad, is that it is almost out of your agent's control. Most likely what has happened is there is an accepted offer on the property already and the agent (who is most likely an agent that does not belong to our MLS) is just not responding due to that fact. Your agent could call the Broker of the firm and request the courtesy of an answer? Most of the local agent listings are updated and easily contacted, returning calls quickly. Try looking for a listing that meets that criteria.