MY DOG IS ONE INCH OVER THE LIMIT. I AM DISABLED AND HE IS MY COMPANION DOG. DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Asked by KROGERS, Long Beach, CA Sun May 11, 2014

Answers

4
Cathy, Home Buyer, Palm Desert, CA
Thu May 15, 2014
1.Look at The animal companion act of 1984
2. Sometimes there is a form that is available from your HOA, Landlord, etc.
3. verify with a note or letter from your physician.
4. Companion Animals do have rules, like you must clean up a.fter the animal, excessive barking, etc.
5.com
panion animals do not resolve owner responsibility and if your animal is vicious or dangerous then pursuant to ADA it could become a health and danger to the community. Do the research and I hope this answers some questions and how to effectively communicate to whomever has a problem with your animal. the limit is one animal, and if the animal has some training or is an emotional support animal. You cannot be charged a "pet rent" or extra deposit.

meow at ya
mother of a companion cats.
Jeanne Diete…, Agent, Moreno Valley, CA
Mon May 12, 2014
If you are looking into housing with pet restrictions and you have a specific development in mind, just give them a call and see how firm they are on the height restriction. I hope this helps
Larry Brake, Agent, Aurora, CO
Sun May 11, 2014
That will depend on whether you are selling or buying, and which community you are considering. But, if you can get the dog registered a service dog, your circumstances may trump certain regulations and HOAs. It would be worth checking into.

Best of luck to you!
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun May 11, 2014

It's unclear here what you are asking about, buying or renting?