MLS gateway is the only best and comprehensive to keep in touch with new listings ?

Asked by Brian, Long Beach, CA Fri Jul 17, 2009

question is ,
Is it the best menthod to keep in touch with new listings ?
How homes.com , redfin.com , zillow.com have their strength versus that gateway and realtors.com ?

where sell by owners usually post their listings ?

Thanks !

Answers

4
Mission Viejo…, , Mission Viejo, CA
Sun Jul 19, 2009
Brian, I have to agree with the others that Listing Book is loved by my clients. It is sent to you once a day with all new listing and any price changes. It puts you in control of you search without having to call your agent to ask them to change your criteria.
Karen Miller, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Jul 17, 2009
Hi Brian,

I have to agree with Dave and Jeremy. I have set most of my buyers up with Listingbook accounts & the really like the current information. But the best advice is to work with a Realtor that you trust. He/she will ensure that you see the properties that are appropriate for your situation. And remember, as a buyer you pay no commission!

If I can help you, please give me a call at 562-756-4144.

Karen Miller
Century 21 Beachside
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Fri Jul 17, 2009
Working with an agent is by far the best way to view available homes for sale. Hopefully your agent is doing more than just having you log in to look at listings. Your agent should also be contacting you regarding the best listings, and you should be available to view them right away. The listing gateway is not a bad system, and I prefer a system called listingbook.com ( orc.listingbook.com for home searching)that allows my buyers to view active listing right away. All the sites like redfin, zillow, trulia, etc...all use our MLS for their inventory. The strengths of these sites is that some of them will give market trend data, but if your agent is good, they will be sharing this information with you anyway. You can use these sites to double check their info.

For sale by owner's are kind of rare these days, but you can find some at byowner.com.

Jeremy Lehman
Century 21 Beachside
Jeremy@LehmanHomes.net
Web Reference:  http://orc.listingbook.com
Dave Kerlin, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Jul 17, 2009
You can save yourself a lot of trouble and avoid repetition if you find an agent you feel comfortable working with and have them set you up with either mls gateway or listing book. Listing book allows you to work interactively and do things such as change your criteria yourself whenever you feel the need. It allows you to very easily send msgs to your agent with additional questions as well. When you jump all over the web looking a listings on different sites you will come upon homes that look interesting but don't fit your needs. If they did fit your needs they would have come to you thru the mls gateway and/or listing book program.
As far as for sale by owner properties, just google "for sale by owner" and you will get a plethora of sites where for sale by owners advertise.
Let me know if you would like me to set you up on listing book and educate you on how it works.
Web Reference:  http://www.davekerlin.com