Lots of listed homes seem to show electric kitchen ranges. Is this typical and do some homeowners have LP gas? Do most area homes have no basements?

Asked by apilot4fun, Morris Plains, NJ Sat Jan 25, 2014

Answers

3
Doug VanEtten, Agent, Grand Junction, CO
Sun Mar 9, 2014
In Grand Junction there is about a 50:50 split of electric vs gas ranges. Since virtually ll houses in the area have natural gas heat and many homes have a crawl space, converting from electric to gas cooking would be a fairly simple and affordable process.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sun Jan 26, 2014
I would say electric is definitely more common than gas. (Not sure why....just more of a "norm") And basements are very common here.
Dottie McDan…, Agent, Fruita, CO
Sat Jan 25, 2014
I see both everyday. More newer homes have gas, but many still have electric. I work with a builder who typically puts both, so it's the homeowners choice.
In this area most homes have gas it's typically natural gas, although when you get away from the city you will see LP. You see more electric stoves in less expensive houses, although I'm not sure it's really that much cheaper during the build process to do that over gas. It seems to be what gets done much more often. Basements aren't as common as you see in the midwest, but there are quite a few basements here. There are challenges around here with large rocks under ground, water tables, ect. Those issues lead to fewer basements in Colorado in general.
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014