Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Larry, Both Buyer and Seller in New Jersey

Looking to possibly purchase a vacation home (condo / townhouse, may consider a single family home in right community) in Naples.

Asked by Larry, New Jersey Sat Jan 26, 2013

Not familiar with the areas. Need advice on what communities are good and which to avoid. Looking for something that will increase in value. Budget is approx. $100k - $300k. I have two small dogs. Wife likes beaches, I like golf. Need a garage, gated community would be nice. Maintenance free and anything else that would be important.

I understand your concerns as there are so many things to consider when moving to a different area.
Naples is a beautiful city and has a number of communities to choose from. We are presently seeing increases in prices of 10 to 15 percent depending on location of your home. The closer you are to the beach, you can expect the price to increase. There are a number of very nice desirable golf course gated communities, also within a short driving distance of the beach.
You owe it to yourself to hire a good buyers agent who will assist you through the process of finding a suitable property where both you, your wife and your two loving pets will be happy.
You may contact me for more information and we can further discuss your wants, needs and must have.
You may contact me, at 239-601-6088, I am here to help and I specialize as a buyers agent. The best part is the seller pays my commission.
Hope this helps, thank you and the best of luck.
Claudette Looker
Answered on 1/19; see below...lKathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601....(2/4)
“The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

There is no extra/hidden cost for you to obtain my Exclusive Buyer Broker services, other firms may have fees. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can negotiate for the lowest price and best terms for the buyer. When you work with an Exclusive Buyer Broker, the brokerage firm does not list any homes, there is never a conflict of interest in your transaction. The State of Florida assumes that all buyers know all agents are transactions brokers who do not represent anyone one in the transaction and that the agents have very limited if any liability in the transaction. Unless, an agent or broker tells you they will represent you exclusively the agent is not required to disclose to you that they are a transaction agent or broker.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make

21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make

20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales

Short Sale Fraud

Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate

Unrealistic Buyer Expectations

Buyer Beware

Chinese Drywall

Link to the REALTOR® data base system for Naples (Collier County and or Lee County)

A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.

I am well versed in both the Naples Board of REALTORS® contract and the Florida Association of REALTORS® contract.

I am licensed to sell real estate in Southwest Florida since 1981. That’s over 30 years! I have worked as an exclusive buyer broker agent since 1993 and opened my own exclusive buyer broker firm in 1998.

I am friendly and easy to talk too.

When you are getting ready to make one of the most significant investments of your life, ask Beverly Howe first!

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC

Florida Buyer Broker

Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker

1031 Exchange Specialist

Certified International Property Specialist

Accredited Buyer’s Representative

Graduate of the REALTOR® Institute

Transnational Referral Certification

Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com

Local Direct: 239-601-2013

Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393

Cell phone: 239-269-2766
This is not an easy question to answer on line. I can find you place in Naples, but want to hear more about your needs. More than likely you can purchase a small house in the 250-300s; under that a condo. Closer to the beach more $$$$. Pets are limited in number and size in most communities. Call to discuss your specific need and let me know what you know about Naples, in general. Kathybc 800-448-3411 ext 601 (1/19).
Hello Larry,
I lived in Southern New Jersey for 28 years - Ocean City and Moorestown. I moved here 7 years ago - in a gated, golf community. There are a number of golf communities located within two to five miles of our beautiful beaches. I live in Tiburon, which has two 18-hole golf courses and is 2.3 miles to the beach. Tiburon offers condominiums starting in the upper $300,000 range; they are approximately 2,300 sq. ft. with a two-car garage. Of course, there are many other golf communities for you to consider. I suggest you visit my web site to preview properties: http://www.paradiseforsail.net. Or...call me at 239.537-1720 to discuss the best real estate opportunities to suit your lifestyle.
It would be my pleasure to help you find a property in Naples, please let me know what your preferences are, number od bdrs, condo or single fam home price range. Please contact me my email: rfine@johnrwood.com, or tel: 239-280-6494.
Roger Fine'
Broker associate
Joohn R Wood Realtors
Prices are jumping back up in FL! You're looking to buy at the right time! I can help with the financing.

Here's a response from a retail Bank Rep. (hint: the bank has a W and F in their name) after I asked her how many of the below programs they can offer:

....Honestly Steve, after reviewing them, I don’t think we can do any of these. We are pretty vanilla, Straight FHA VA conventional. I will keep your flyer and if I run across anyone we can't help I will send them your way. thanks

1) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK is OK
2) 100% LTV- VA/can pay off debts on purchases too

3) 99% LTV-FHA
4) 96.5% LTV-FHA
5) 97% LTV- No PMI/MI (avoids 1.75% FHA FEE)
6) 95% LTV- No PMI
7) 95% LTV- CONDO purchase
8) 90% LTV- No PMI-2nd Home
9) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc

10) 85% LTV- NO PMI Super Jumbo
11) 80% LTV- Invest. Prop.

STATED INCOME ALT loan programs: http://www.StatedIncomeAlt.com

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.

13) 80% LTV- NEW- Stated Income Alt

14) 75% LTV- NEW- Foreign Nationals- Stated Income Alt

15) 75% CLTV-NEW- after Short Sale, BK or Foreclosure

16) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money -Stated Income Alt

17) 60% LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS (by case basis)

18) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS (many programs available nationwide)

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/Florida

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps

I have been a Realtor in Naples for 28 years and a resident for 42 years. I would be happy to help you with your search for the perfect property for you and your wife. Now is the best time to buy in Naples since the price is going up. We have some great communities that would fit your needs.

Send me your email so I could send you some listings that would fit your request.

Looking forward to helping you with your search.

Huguette Nelson, GRI
Prudential Florida Realty
Larry, thank you for your clear and descriptive post.
According to your and your wife's choice you can look at areas like; Naples, Bonita Spring, Fort Myers.
Naples is a very enjoyable place to live and also a high profitable Real Estate Market. Golf, Beach everything you are looking for are available in Naples area located at southwest Florida.

Dorene Clark
Realtor in Florida
Phone: 305-707-4393
If you want all of your criteria you are going to most likely want bundled golf community to keep fees down or villa in area where there are public courses you can play but do not have to join the club. Also if you want garage you will be looking at attached or detached villa.
Please send me your email address as not displayed and will forward properties for you to view.
Leann Anderson

To get a decent property in the Naples area, I'd look closer to the 300k range.

Prices are going up and a 300k home will appreciate better than a 100k home.

Below are some of the best programs from A to Z available, including the all new Stated Income Alt Loans for Self Employed borrowers

After reviewing these programs below, please email me at Steve@pro-option.com with the ones you'd like more info about:

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!

2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!

3) 99% LTV- FHA

4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!

5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!

6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan

7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home

8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc

9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo

10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

Stated Income Alt Loan programs

11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!

13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo

14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo

15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo

16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo

17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Hi Larry,
Plenty of choices here. There are different types of homes that come with a garage, including single families, townhouses, carriage homes, and villas. Its a choice regarding the type of lifestyle you want.
Our market is witnessing a comeback and homes are appreciating, and selling fast since inventory is down.
I am from Conn. and many of my buyers from the Northeast purchased homes here, seeking to move or have a second home. I have plenty of resources to help you.
You are welcome to contact me.

Yours truly,
Mary Horesco
"Outstanding Performance Award
Winner 2012"
Downing- Frye Realty, Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.maryhoresco.com
Dear Larry,

If you would like a "good deal" a foreclosure would be perfect for you...with our state-of-the-art notify system you will be able to get them right into your e-mail ones they hit the market.

Please go to :

If you would like to sign up and get notified, just let me know. My specialty is finding the right property for you...if you would like references, just let me know.

Dimitri Schwarz
Premiere Plus Realty
Gulf Shore Team
370 12th Avenue South
Unit # 101
Naples, FL 34102
Phone: 239.992.9119
I'm sure any of us would be happy to help you in your search for your perfect place here in Naples. Please contact me directly if you'd like me to send some listings and to have a conversation about different communities.

As an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), I would be honored to represent you.

Hi Larry,

Lots of gated communities with golf, not too far from the beaches.
You need to have listings from various communities with price ranges and location.
Will be happy to help.
Please call directly, 239 821 8087
Hi Larry,

I am from NJ too. I am from Hazlet. We would be happy help you. Please feel free to contact us any time. Also, please feel free to set yourself up with a FREE account on our website. http://www.buyandsellswfloridahomes.com or http://www.theaprilandjimmyteam.listingbook.com Either of our sites will give you direct access to MLS here in SW Florida and you will be able to search and see everything, just like an agent. We are looking forward to speaking with you and to assisting you with all of your real estate goals, from start to finish. Have a great day!

Jimmy Armstrong
The April and Jimmy Team
Realty Direct Naples
Jimmy 239-877-3194
April 239-384-4663
Hi Larry, I'm originally from Whitehouse Sta. New jersey, I have lived in Naples for the last 20 years. I'm the Broker/Owner of Previews Realty Inc. Naples, and a State Certified Real Estate Appraiser. Extremely familiar will all Naples communities and would be happy to help you find an solid investment. You can email me at Bob@PreviewsRealty.com, or call 800-978-2950 to discuss your home buying situation.
Thank You,
Bob Wilson
Previews Realty Inc.

With 30 years in the area I have seen SWFLorida go from a small town to one of the most desired 2nd home towns in the country. There are 5 or 6 great options that will fit your criteria and you can't go wrong with any of them. If you have a few minutes please give me a call and we can outline your home criteria and see what amenities are a must and want. I look forward to helping you find the right home.

Scott Riddle
Remax Affinity
239 289 1849
We would like to help in your pet friendly home search by emailing you active listings with your search parameters. We can work along side you while you continue to use our free self-service website at, NaplesRealEstateGuys.com . Please let us know if we can help, as a Real Estate Broker and Realtor, our search engine is more robust. Hope to get your approval, so let us know. Toll free 855.627.5376