Looking to move to either New Fairfield or Brookfield, CT and wondering about school/community. Any advice of?

Asked by Emily, New York, NY Fri Mar 21, 2008

a good place to look? Did a google search, but came up short. Thank you!

Answers

12
Rose Diciacco…, Both Buyer And Seller, Greater Danbury Area of CT
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Hi, I am a Realtor in the Greater Danbury Area. I know New Fairfield and Brookfield area very well. My son lives in Brookfield. Look on my web site and search the schools for your self. They are Great towns and I would love to show you around. There are many homes to look at, so please let me know if I can be of any help. As a Realtor we should not give out our personal opinions.
Olga Simonce…, , New Fairfield, CT
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Hi Emily,

Really depends on what you’re looking for in terms of your specific needs and priorities - schools, commute, neighborhood, amenities, etc.. I used to live in NYC as well; we live in New Fairfield now and I know Brookfield and the surrounding areas quite well. If you’d like to chat, feel free to call - 203-746-2909. My name is Olga.
John, Other Pro, Brookfield, WI
Fri Nov 6, 2009
Brookfield has 2 beautiful lakes bordering it's west and east ridges. Candlewood Lake on the west side whihc is well propulated and Lake Lillinonah (Housatonic river damed up 12 miles long) on the east side which is much more quiet and has large water front properties.
McCaffrey Re…, , 06804
Wed May 27, 2009
Sorry, I just thought of two other thibngs not relating to the schools. If you are commuting to NY State, the western part of New Fairfield is the best. Commuting down county Brookfield is much more convenient. The biggest difference between the 2 towns in convenience of shopping. While New Fairfield has what you need for day to day errands, Brookfield is MUCH more convenient to the larger stores (Costco, Stew Leonards, Home Depot etc) and also to Movies, Restaurants and things like that.
McCaffrey Re…, , 06804
Wed May 27, 2009
Hi Emily,

Both school systems are great and the only way to assess is to visit them. Schools are used to this and you can set up appointments through the Guidance Offices. Each childs needs are different and you need to match these needs with the particular school district.

I raised 3 children in Brookfield from K-12. For undergrad work they attended Wake Forest, University of Richmond and Elon University. For grad work Notre Dame Law, MBA from Vanderbilt and MA from NC State. They were well prepared and are happy, social, employed adults. What more can you hope for for your children.

Call me if you would like to talk further.
Laura-Marie…, , Danbury, CT
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Hi Emily:

I grew up in Brookfield, CT and the schools/community is fantastic. A great place to start that will give you all the local town information is: http://www.nfcar.com

This is a sight that is not a promotional site for agents, rather an information resource for buyers/sellers and agents. Feel free to give a call to them. They are a great team over there and I am sure you will be able to feel confident in the the information they provide.

If you need anything at all, do not hesistate to contact me as well. Have a great night!

Laura-Marie
Dee06812, Both Buyer And Seller, New Fairfield, CT
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Hello Emily,
I have lived in New Fairfield for 12 years in the same house, after being raised in NY. NF is a terrific community with easy access to all major airports, highways, cities etc... However it is inset and not prone to outsiders drifting in unless they have a destination. Brookfield on the other hand attracts people from all areas due to the shopping. With NF you have the best of both worlds, access and privacy. For 3 years since I got married my husband and I have been looking to move East, closer to his job and family. However, it is hard to find what we have in NF, as far as our house, property and community, regardless of how high the price range we consider. Schools are terrific and sports are encouraged. Overall, it is a wonderful town to live in and raise a family. Contact me if you have additional questions/concerns. Dee
Allison Stone, , Brookfield, CT
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Hello there,

I am a full time realtor and service the Greater Danbury area. I live in Brookfield currently and have tons of great info on the schools in this town and our surrounding towns. If you need specific info on schools, towns, etc., please take a look at my website below. Its geared towards people who are both new to our area or others who just need more info about their surrounding towns. Please feel free to contact me if you need any other info.

Allison Stone - McCaffrey Realty Professionals
Susan Corleto, Agent, Danbury, CT
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Good Morning.
I too am a full time Realtor servicing the New Fairfield, Brookfield areas. Both are really great towns with a wonderful community feel. If you are still undecided on location, there is also Bethel and Newtown. All in the same proximity with easy access to Metro North or I84 for commuting. Do go online to the local school websites to get your in information about the individual school districts. If you see something you like, or if you would like information e-mailed directly to you, give me a call. I would need the specifics of what you are looking for and we could take it from there. Good luck with your search!
Angelina Val…, Agent, Danbury, CT
Tue Apr 29, 2008
Hi - I'm a full-time Realtor, Top Producer and Listing Agent, and I just so happen to live in New Fairfield for the past 23 years.
I know our town and the surrounding towns well, including Brookfield. NF Schools are located centrally in town making them easy to get to and the community is very welcoming. There are many activities available to get involved with, for both kids and adults. My three children attending the public schools and are involved in several organizations (sports, student body, coaching, etc). I am a member of the NF High School PTO, am the Booster Club Secretary for the past 6 years, and am a member of St. Edward's the Confessor Church. New Fairfield has a quaint feel with small town touches such as local restaurants, the butcher, the deli, the bakery, yet has grown to also offer a Shaw's Supermarket . Dunkin Donuts, and Starbucks! We are a lakeside town and many people who live here enjoy spending summers boating and fishing. If you commute into NYC or Westchester County, you will quickly find that NF is one of NY's Best Kept Secrets!! Only minutes from the NY border and a short drive to Metro North trains!
I would be happy to assisy you in searching for a home.. You can email me at angelina.valentini@sothebysrealty.com, or call my cell at 203.994.1988 -- I know Brookfield as well, and it has it's advantages, too.
trulia, , Brewster, NY
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Hi Emily,

New Fairfield is a great area to live in. I live in and sell New Fairfield with much enthusiasm. I send my kids to the schools and participate in community events. I would love to give you more info and tell you all about New Fairfield. I can also offer you info based on my personal experiences. Please feel free to contact me at fmficarra@yahoo.com or call me directly at 914.980.8757.

Faith
Melissa Peet, , New Milford, CT
Fri Mar 21, 2008
Hi Emily,

New Fairfield and Brookfield are part of the towns that I specialize in. My website has links to these town sites, and school information for both areas can be accessed there as well. You might even find some other areas to consider. May I ask what attracted you to these towns specifically? Will you be relocating for a job or planning to commute to New York? If commuting is your option, both towns offer an easy commute to New York, and picturesque living on Candlewood Lake. I hope you are successful in finding the basic information that you're looking for. If I can be of assistance to you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me, and best of luck with your home search!

Kind Regards,
Melissa Peet
Web Reference:  http://www.melissapeet.com