Home Buying in Oak Brook>Question Details

April, Home Buyer in Oak Brook, IL

Looking to move to Oakbook and needed some insight ....

Asked by April, Oak Brook, IL Tue Jun 1, 2010

Looking to move to Oakbook and needed some insight specifically into Yorkshire Woods. There seems to be a bunch of empty lots and a few houses being sold, not to mention a foreclosure. Is there a reason for this? The area seems convenient in terms of proximity to stores and expressways. I was just wondering if there was anything wrong with that subdivision.

I am your mortgage guy. I have lived in the area for the past 15 years and work with several quality realtors in the area. Our company works directly with Fannie Mae and Ginnie Mae and fund the loans in our name. We aren't waiting around on the big banks to approve the deal. We staff our own underwriting department and get things done quickly. You can call me at (630) 639-1081 and I can give you a preapproval the same day and help you find a quality realtor in the area.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Mobile Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
3130 Finley Rd. Suite 510C
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Hi April-

I live in Oak Brook and we are not immune to foreclosures & short sales. Fortunately, we have not seen as many as other communities. In the subdivision I live in, I have seen 1 foreclosure and 1 short sale. In Oak Brook, Jan 1, 2009 thru June 1st 2009 there were 15 single family homes that closed. This year, the same time period, Jan 1, 2010 thru June 1, 2010 there were 23 single family homes that have closed. We have recently seen an increase in sales. I think that is in part because our prices have come down and the rates on Jumbo loans are more competitive.

Deciding on which subdivision would be your preference as far as feel, gated communities, price range, school district, location, etc..

I hope this helps!

Laura Karambelas SFR, RCC, CNHS, CREN
Baird & Warner
Yorkshire Woods is an older subdivision with large upperend homes that has a more rural type feeling to it. Oakbrook is made up of many subdivisions each very different from the other.

Many surround towns are seeing it's share of foreclosures and shortsales, however, the number of foreclosures and short sales here is minimal compared to other areas.
Hi April:

Yorkshire Woods is located in the Elmhurst School district with Elmhurst taxes. Its a lovely subdivision with large lots and older homes. As far as foreclosures are concerned they are everywhere......Oak Brook, unfornately, is not immune to then anymore than any other community. LEt me know if I can be of help.
I can get you the information you are requesting. Email me at ncoleman@envision3m.com or call me at 630-371-3015.
Neil Coleman
Web Reference: http://www.envision3m.com