Looking to move to Belomont, CA. Questions: is there any gated community? best street/location to live in belmont?

Asked by Zahara, Belmont, CA Thu May 12, 2011

I have two young children, so school system is a huge plus, gated would be nice, and a nice quiet neighboorhood.
3bd/2bath. nice backyard.

Answers

7
Drew & Chris…, Agent, Belmont, CA
Fri May 13, 2011
Hi Zahara,

There are many good neighborhoods in Belmont and we have lived in several of them. While there are no gated communities in Belmont there are some great neighborhoods and our top ten list of streets—it depends on what you are interested in.

Belmont offers a rural feel as many of the streets are in the hills with mature trees. Because of that, many of the homes are either on an up-slope or a down slope and do not offer much in the way of level yards.

Some of the neighborhoods near downtown are on more flat lots and even offer sidewalks if a more suburban feel is to your liking.

We currently live in the “Hallmark” area of Belmont which features wider streets, underground utilities, many level yards and even some views of the Bay. These homes fetch a premium—anywhere from $1,000,000-$2,000,000 while the median price in Belmont varies from $800,000-$950,000 depending on what size homes are selling in a given month.

Microclimates are another factor you may want to consider. Having lived in several of the neighborhoods we are well aware of nuances in how windy or cool one area of Belmont is over another. You can read our microclimate article on our blog and you can see our real time weather station from our Hallmark home on our web page.

We know of many homes which are not yet in the multiple listing service but will be coming on the market soon and we’d be glad to offer you more help in your home buying quest.

Drew & Christine Morgan
“Helping People Make Good Decisions”sm
(650) 508-1441
MorganHomes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.morganhomes.com
The Laugesen…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu May 12, 2011
Zahara..
As mentioned by my colleagues...Hallmark area is my favorite along with Miller's Landing..and 12 home development that is 12 years old off Belmont Canyon Road and my other favorite are the homes built by the Prindle Group 13 years ago...off Ralston...All of these neighborhoods have sidewalks...which is not typical in the city of Belmont...and if you get lucky some of these homes have incredible views...like the short sale on West Naughton that is on the market at this time...My client Otto Miller, built all of those homes and I was the listing agent for the development....The home that is on the market at 1199,000 was built for his family...and actually sold for 1550,000 a few years back..incredible views...incredible lot...that one is worth a visit..The listing agent has cancelled the listing..and I do know the tenant was not that cooperative...I do expect to see that home come back on the market..so keep your eyes open...Besides the great schools in Belmont...in fact I went to Notre Dame High School growing up, they have done a fantastic job to minimize new home development...and have been able to maintain a small town feel...it does not have a downtown like it's neighboring communities San Carlos and San Mateo but has a great shopping center, Carlmont with some fun restaurants right there..great neighborhood library...and easy access to all freeways...Good Luck to you...Belmont is a wonderful place to live...however look into San Carlos too..wonderful schools, great downtown and another amazing community...that is one of my favorite cities of all...Good luck to you..if you are not working with an agent..feel free to call my office for a current list of active properties and best of all, I know homes that are currently for sale but not on public market yet...
Respectfully,
Denise Laugesen
650-465-6742
Top 1% Internationally
Coldwell Banker
Zahara, Home Buyer, Belmont, CA
Sun May 15, 2011
Thank you ALL so much for your great answers!! It is so helpful! I wish I can use everyone :)....
Zahara
Donna Black, , San Mateo, CA
Fri May 13, 2011
Zahara....you mean Belmont, Ca 94002? Adjacent communities are San Carlos, Ca and San Mateo,Ca
You might be interested in checking out the "Redwood Shores community" which is across the way from
Belmont, Ca Lots of young families and young executives live in that area and the homes there are newer.
It has a wonderful shopping complex and the children attend Belmont schools. Best wishes....
Donna Black 650 888-9314
Web Reference:  http://www.donnablack.com
Brandon Denm…, Agent, Pacifica, CA
Thu May 12, 2011
Hi Zahara,
Like the others mentioned, there are no gated communities, but many delightful neighborhoods. The Hallmark area is very nice. Also down near Carlmont shopping center. If you are looking for nice views there are many neighborhoods with nice views. If you can give me an idea of your price range and how many bedrooms and bathrooms you need I would be happy to set up a search for you. Feel free to call me with any questions you may have. The schools in Belmont are very good. Hope to talk with you soon.

Brandon Denman - Realtor, CDPE
DRE # 01378663
Pacific Coast Real Estate
brandondenman@comcast.net
http://www.mypeninsulahome.com
650-303-0880 cell
650-560-6142 e-fax
Bill O'Leary, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Thu May 12, 2011
Hello Zahara,

As a Belmont resident I know this area extremely well. First off I can tell you that there are no gated communities in Belmont. The best area in Belmont is the Hallmark area. This is a very quite community in a GREAT school district in Belmont. I know of a listing coming up in this area that has not hit the market yet if that would be of any interest to you. If you would like any more information I'd be more then happy to help answer any questiond that you may have. Look forward to talking with you!

Bill O'Leary
Coldwell Banker
boleary82@gmail.com
Cell 650-483-4386
DRE#01860595
David Tapper, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Thu May 12, 2011
Hello Zahara,

There are many nice areas in Belmont and almost all the schools are great. You mentioned you wanted a nice yard so I take it you are looking for a single family home?

You will receive lot's of good advice here on Trulia, but since I am the first, can you give us an idea of your price range? This will help narrow the search and advice.

Tap
Coldwell Banker
http://www.DavidTapper.com
http://www.TeamTapper.com
650-403-6252