Looking to move to Austin but noticed the city is crazy expensive. Any areas just outside the city that are affordable and family oriented?

Asked by AEM, Austin, TX Thu Jul 10, 2014

Answers

5
Carrie Hiner, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jul 31, 2014
Yes! Austin is crazy expensive.

Cedar Park, Leander to the Northeast
Pfugerville, Round rock to the Northwest
Kyle, Buda to the South.

These are great communities for singles and families alike. Many are newer homes under $200,000. In many of these areas you can still be a new home for $150,000. Some developments have amenities like pools, parks and trails.

The best part about the outlining communities is that you can get Zero Down with a loan from the USDA. Kyle and parts of Buda are still considered rural so there is an effort my the Gov't to develop the area. Its a great way to get into your first home and still live close to Austin.

Let me know if I can help,

Carrie Hiner, Realtor
http://www.corehomesaustin.com
512-560-6563
Carlie Sky, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 16, 2014

I have helped many clients re-locate here. It is getting more and more expensive to buy in Austin, but you can always find something for a good deal and nice. North Austin tends to be a little less expensive than south or close to the city center. Cedar Park is very nice and family oriented. Also, south west is very nice and you can find some great newer homes there.

What is your budget?

I'd be happy to help you and your family re-locate here.
Jordan Gouger, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Austin, is crazy expensive, but that is mainly true inside of the Central Core of Austin, and other areas west.

The central core of Austin is defined by a "square" roughly defined by everything west of IH-35, East of Mopac, North of HWY 71, and South of US 183.

Most of the homes that are in that "square" are very expensive and tend to be around $400,000 or more.

However, there are some pockets of town that are not expensive and may meet your needs. There are many new construction communities that are being built in the South Eastern Side of town that have price points in the high 100s. There are also some neighborhoods that are older-established neighborhoods that are in the mid 100s.

You may want to look into Pflugerville or Leander. Homes there tend to be more affordable than Austin.

If you'd like more information, I'd be happy to help you.

Jordan Gouger
Keller Williams
512-693-9297
Billy Sturdi…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Jul 12, 2014
I'm a native Austinite and just let me say this, there are great communities surrounding the Austin area that come in all different price points. If you decide to move to here, I will be glad to help you find the community that would be the best fit for you and your family.

Billy Sturdivant
1801 S Mopac Expressway Suite 100
Austin, Texas 78746
Office: 512-910-5112
Billy@Space512.com
http://www.Space512.com
Hi Billy, there are other areas that are more affordable - Cedar Park or Leander which is northwest of Austin. Or Pflugerville, Round Rock which is also directly north of Austin. I would be happy to help you based on your needs.
Call me anytime.
Gari Gresham
Keller Williams
1335 E Whitestone Blvd
Cedar Park, TX 78613
512-616-4000 Office
512-633-2218 Cell
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jul 11, 2014
Areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you...