Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

SouthBostonP…, Real Estate Pro in Boston, MA

Looking to get a place in Los angels this year. Just looking for a few areas to look in. Just want to be around less then 2 miles to beach. maybe a sm

Asked by SouthBostonProperty, Boston, MA Mon Mar 7, 2011

Answers

12
Have you considered Long Beach. Many neighborhoods walking distance to the beach, Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, Naples, downtown Long Beach. These areas are filled with restaurants, shops and entertainment. If this is an area you would like more information on, please contact me. Once I know more details, I can better serve you.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
562-879-9677
Web Reference: http://loubandb.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Go to Google maps & check out the cities that are to the west of the 405 fwy near the city of Los Angeles, there are places like Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey to name a few. Alternatively you can search the MLS just like I do by going to my website link below. You can see photos & maps & really get a feel for what your dollars will get you in these areas, whether you plan to relocate from the Boston area or just want to get a vacation / rental property out here.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell
Realtor Since 1996
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
I still say that if you have some geographical wiggle room you really may want to consider the North San Diego Coastline. It is world renowned as a destination resort area and more and more folks are flocking here by the year. County wide San Diego is now approximately 65 to 75 percent built out and about 85% built out from the Coastline to about 5 miles inland. So getting niched into this area sooner rather than later is highly recommended from a cost and value point of view.

With a vast desert to the East, the beautiful Blue Pacific to the West., Mexico to the South and a 20 mile long military base to the North San Diego is an Island unto itself. I was raised in Newport Beach in the 60's and have surfed, walked the sandy beaches and rode my bicycle thousands of miles up and down the entire California Coastline. I left Newport Beach because it just became to crowded to navigate let alone park your car. O and by the way you can forget about free parking just about everywhere nowadays.

While almost the entire coastline has some of the most beautiful shoreline in the world nothing beats the quaint, laid back comparatively uncrowded miles of the most beautiful shoreline in the world, with lots of free parking and some of the greatest surf breaks in the World.
The Westside is a great placed to live! I work and live in Santa Monica, some areas that meet your criteria are Santa Monica, Malibu, Venice, Pacific Palisades, West Los Angeles, and Brentwood.

Here is a link with all the homes and condos for sale in Santa Monica
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/santa-monica-homes/
Brentwood
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/brentwood/
Malibu
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/malibu/

I know this area and work extensively in this area, feel free to contact me anytime.
Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
(310)586-0364 or (424)625-1037
Take a look in North San Diego County if you want a beautiful area, reasonable price, accessible beaches, great surfing, high quality of life, and a wonderful place to be every day of the year! If interested, give me a call or drop me an email. David
I have worked on the westside of LA selling real estate for the past 20 years. I will be happy to assist you. Prices in Santa Monica within 2 miles to the beach are more expensive than many other parts of LA. If you let me know your price range I can guide you to the area near the beach that will work best for you.

Lori Matson
310-994-5894
lorimatson@kw.com
Depends on style, taste and budget... within 2 miles of the beach in different cities along the coast can have a dramatic price difference depending on the neighborhood.

Give us a description of the type of property and budget and you will get a better outline of whats here and where to look. Good luck...

Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills East
9388 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0670 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Hi D. Vincent,
Come play in the Santa Monica or Venice areas! The beach areas provide a great life style, "walkable" living, (or by bike!), casual or elegant. Beach property...even within 2 miles of the beach is pricier than the average area...but now is a great time to buy. There are deals, but you have to be able to compromise and to move on one when you see it.

Is this for one of your clients or is this for yourself? Are you just getting away from the Boston cold..?! I'd be happy to give you a tour and show you a few properties when you come out for a look. Feel free to touch base with me to chat and ask any questions you may have about the area, prices, lifestyle, etc.

Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
JayneClement@gmail.com
Your final destination is going to depend on how much you can afford or want to spend. As you probably know, beach communities unlike many other areas, have been somewhat immune to the dramatic downturn of home values. While they have adjusted along with everything else, most everybody would like to live by the beach and thus the prices are not for the faint of heart. There are a few affordable beach communities left to consider. In particular Long Beach where leasing and/or purchase is still affordable and you can actually find a parking space on the street and by the beach! You might also consider San Pedro which has a more laid back 'beachy' feel or Palos Verdes, Pacific Palisades. The other agents presented you with a menu of other commuities to consider. Come West and see for yourself or better yet in the company of someone who can give you an insiders tour of the best community to fit your lifestyle, personality and fantasy of beach living. Call me when you get to town...
I copy and pasted the following information about the North San Diego County Coast compared to Lahaina, Maui to Encinitas, CA. It's pretty interesting and certainly explains why San Diego is fast becoming one of the best places to live, play, work and invest in.

http://www.bestplaces.net/climate/details.aspx?wmo=722900

CLIMATE Lahaina Encinitas United States
Rainfall (in.) 14.6 15.6 36.5
Snowfall (in.) 0 0 25
Precipitation Days 33 44 100
Sunny Days 281 263 205
Avg. July High 87 88 86.5
Avg. Jan. Low 63.3 37.7 20.5
Comfort Index 53 46 44 (Higher is better)
UV Index 9.9 5.9 4.3
Elevation ft. 46 205 1,060
Everything is around less then 2 miles to the beach here in Los Angeles.(lol) Just a joke, depending on your budget there is several locations that I can suggest to you.
Are you looking for self or client? Rental or purchase? How large (br, ba?) Will this be a summer rental?
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
(C) 310-422-4288
http://www.thebremnergroup.com