Looking to buy between Watertown and Burlington.

Asked by Rob, Pepperell, MA Mon May 26, 2008

Hello, my wife and I are looking for a single family home with 2 bedrooms somewhere between Burlington and Watertown, Ma. We really can't go over $200,000 :( , and we would rather not have a foreclosure. We were really hoping for a small ranch or cape, with a private backyard ; we'll be spending a lot of time there because we'll be poor after we buy! We would also prefer a good neighborhood because this is where we will be starting out family. We are pre-approved. Is there anyone out there that can help us? We are first time home buyers. Thanks in advance! Rob and Kaitlin

Answers

3
Christopher…, Agent, Woburn, MA
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Rob - Not sure if you are still looking but Woburn or Billerica could assist you as some properties are lower and the taxes are low as well, many people forget about real estate taxes and insurance! Let me know if I can point out some hits for you!
Chris
Louis King R…, , 02472
Wed May 28, 2008
Rob and Kaitlin;

You'll have to go further out. There are 12 single family homes in Marlborough under $200,000, but Marlborough's about 13 miles west of Route 128. If you need quick access to Boston, Framingham is a good option as well since you have a commuter rail as well as the Mass Pike. I've taken people out to Marlborough and Framingham who couldn't afford Waltham.
Molly, Both Buyer And Seller, Boston, MA
Mon May 26, 2008
Rob, it will be nearly impossible to find a single family home for that price.
Have you considered a condo (or looking beyond Burlington)?