Looking to buy at the Jersey shore.

Asked by Mark, 08048 Thu Jan 10, 2008

We put in an offer about 12% under the asking price and the selling agent came back and thanked us for the offer but said the seller would not counter unless we put in a better first offer. We have a cap, do we re-offer or wait it out?

Answers

6
Misti Herr, Both Buyer And Seller, Jersey Shore, PA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
http://www.wbvrealestate.com has all of the ares listings
Web Reference:  http://www.wbvrealestate.com
Jonifer, , China Grove, NC
Mon Mar 22, 2010
Debra Levine, , Bradley Beach, NJ
Wed Nov 4, 2009
what towns are you interested in? There is a 2 bedroom in Bradley Beach just listed for $249. It is 3 short blocks to the beach with an attached garage. If you would like more info on this listing or similiar ones, please email me at debbie@patrickparkerrealty.com
Mariah, , 17745
Thu Apr 3, 2008
I would also wait it out...I have to agree that there is so much inventory out there...just be patient and see what happens. Like "thehob" said...also take into consideration how long it has been on the market...that is a biggie!!!

Mariah
Dianna Ivanov, Agent, Ridgewood, NJ
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Often time’s home owners won't counter if they feel the offer is so much lower than what they feel the home is worth. They may have started at a much higher price and already adjusted the price down to what they feel is their bottom line. An offer of 12% below the asking price is not unreasonable. The answer to your question is really based on how close you are to YOUR bottom line and how close the listing price is to similar homes in the area. If it's a great price, and not so far from where you want to be, I'd suggest you put in your highest and best offer and see what happens. Have your Realtor make it clear this is your HIGHEST and BEST not a point from which to counter. If they are not willing to deal and they are waiting to see if a better offer comes in they may just come back to you when no one else shows up to play ball.

PS. Where are you looking at the Jersey shore? It's a glorious place to be!
Good Luck.
____________…, Home Buyer, Texas
Thu Jan 10, 2008
I would wait it out. There is so much inventory in shore towns right now. How long has it been on the market? If it has been on for a while than it is not likely selling anytime soon.