Beth Avery F…, Other/Just Looking in Richmond, VA

Looking to buy at World Golf Village. What are the pros and cons of the neighborhood? Should I buy on the course or preserve side? What should I?

Asked by Beth Avery Fine, Richmond, VA Sun Jan 3, 2010

Looking to buy at World Golf Village. What are the pros and cons of the neighborhood? Should I buy on the course or preserve side? What should Iknow about it for my kids age 10 and 12? Is it cheaper to build now?

Answers

7
Sawadi, Home Buyer, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Tue Jan 12, 2010
I live in Ponte Vedra Beach which is about 30 minutes from WGV. We are planning to relocate to that area and have been to Sevilla and Murabella. I am surprised that neither agent mentioned these subdivisions. Is there a reason why?
Sherry David…, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Sat Jan 9, 2010
Beth,
There are many different neighborhoods in World Golf Village. I live in Royal Pines and love it. As Ana pointed out, the schools are one of our biggest assets. They are amazing.

Some people love living on the golf course. Our setbacks are deep enough that your impact from the golf course shouldn't be an issue and the view is wonderful. The preserve is more private and some people prefer living with a natural backyard.

It is much less expensive to build right now and the time frame is much better than we used to see because the sub contractors are not as busy and much more responsive. If I can answer any specific questions for you, please give me a call. Ana works in my office and she would be happy to help you also.
Monica Nunch…, Agent, St Augustine, FL
Tue Jun 8, 2010
Beth,

Turnberry is a nice neighborhood with no CDD's offers community pool and walking trails with access to King and Bear Golf community I have a listing at 180 Edge of Woods check it out.
Dawn Spencer, , Jacksonville, FL
Sun Jan 17, 2010
Sawadi,
I didn't include those subdivision because that aren't true WGV communities. They are in the WGV area, just not part of the WGV development. But those are both nice communities in the area. I personally prefer the WGV communities over Murabella due to the location of it and the flat appearance and immature landscapes. Also, Murabella has sort of high CDD/HOA fees for the available amenities. But I'm sure in 5 or 10 years the landscapes will mature, making it more attractive. Sevilla in nicely nestled between International Golf Parkway and SR 16 and those homes are really attractively priced. Those 2 neighborhoods have had a hard time in this market and it seems there are more short sales and foreclosures in them than in the WGV communities. In Sevilla, both Richmond American and Mattamy homes have really nice floorplans and options. I also really like Durbin Crossing and had a client just contract on a DS Ware home that had absolutely the best options included in the price. In this market you have so many options, that you can't go wrong.
Dawn Spencer, , Jacksonville, FL
Sat Jan 9, 2010
Hi Beth, I know how difficult it can be to conduct a home search for relocation. There are some other communities you may want to consider and compare, including: Colony at Greenbriar, Nocatee, Durbin Crossing and there are a few others that I can match with your families interests and amenities. All these communities support larger homes over 3500 sq feet and have excellent amenities and zoned for great St. Johns County schools. I am a relocation specialist and can tour and send (fedex or email) you information on all the new home communities and also resales that fit your criteria.

Dawn Spencer, Realtor
Magnolia Properties
904.608.0016
Ana Speziale, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Hi Beth,

World Golf Village has many great opportunities. We have excellent "A" rated schools not to mention St. Johns County school district is ranked #1 in the State of Florida. I have a background in education and my husband is employed by the school district. My best advice as a former educator and mom of 2, is to plan your move based on where you want your children to attend highschool. I can give you an indepth overview of school options based on your needs.

The biggest difference between golf vs preserve lot is that there is more privacy on a preerve lot. In the summer months when you're out enjoying your pool, it's awkward to have a golfer in your backyard. However, golf course lots are beautiful and give you an expansive view. In World Golf , the golf lots are higher in price and limited. There are builder lots that are good deals, you get a custom home with all the warranties, golf membership at a non custom price. There are several local builders that are have reasonable prices.

This is a great community to live in and raise a family. Let me know if you would like more information.
Dawn Spencer, , Jacksonville, FL
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Hi Beth, It's great to hear you are moving to our area. I currently live in a WGV community and like it here a lot. The pros are: Great established community with access to great schools, quality construction and access to great amenities and golf, easy access to interstate and outlet malls. The cons are: 45 minute commute to Jacksonville and not an major department stores close by yet (coming soon).

You really can't go wrong either way with preserve or golf course views. It is usually more desirable to be on the golf course for resale, but it is a person preference.

Your kids will really like it here. There are several options in WGV communities, including a very kid friendly community called Heritage Landing with a great amenity center area the kids really like. My son also has friends in the King & Bear.

It's a great time to build still and builders are still giving extra option and really working with buyers. If you want me to send you info on your building options and info about the different WGV communities let me know.

Thanks and good luck,
Dawn Spencer, Realtor
Magnolia Properties
904.608.0016