Rmsneed, Renter in

Looking to buy a rental house or duplex,I have 20% to put down.Need a good real estate agent to help.

Asked by Rmsneed, Sun Jun 3, 2012

Answers

5
Brad Meyer, , California
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Hi Thank you for asking before you buy. I suggest you find an agent that knows how to manage property. That person will know what to avoid. You should also ask if they invest in properties. the best person in town is Brad Meyer also known as "the go to Guy" http://www.fbnbrad.com He has several references and knows the area. good luck.
Richard Pail…, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Most agents appreciate a loyal buyer... Many agents talk and want to know that the prospect they are working with will not ditch them if someone, or something changes. So find an agent who you trust and ask them a few questions... basic things...
1. How long have your been doing this.
2. Why did you choose the career path
3. Have you any kind of professional affiliations like with the National Association of Realtors, the MLS in the area, or designations your have earned, like a GRI, or CRS, or ....
A good agent has passion for the business... they are not a housewife or a retired city worker who got a license to stay active.
Most agents behind the scenes will have conversations about customers. A common remark is, "Buyer's are lairs"... so be truthful. It will serve you well and build a lasting relationship to help you obtain what is usually one of the most expensive things any person will buy in their life.
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
When I complete the analysis for the investors I find cap rates from 3% to 8% contrasted to my own 10+% cap rate. I find cash on cash returns in the same wheelhouse - though the total return can be in the 20 to 30% range after factoring 1. forced savings through principal reduction. 2. Increase in property value through market appreciation. 3. Income tax savings through use of depreciation for tax purposes.

I would love to be able to sell property after property to these wannabe investors. They have to realize that they are not going to swim in huge positive cash flow on a nicely located, bread and butter, leveraged property if they appropriately include vacancy, delinquency and maintenance reserves in the calculation. and, if they plan to use a professional property management firm to handle getting their place rented and maintained. They have to recognize that other investors competing against them for properties either have advantages like I do, or the other investors see the majority of their gains coming through: 1. forced savings through principal reduction. 2. Increase in property value through market appreciation. 3. Income tax savings through use of depreciation for tax purposes. To see the entire article, go to:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/jim_walker/2012/04/how_did_i_arra…

Please read this article, then call or email me if you like what I wrote.
Randy Monk, Agent, Roseville, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Duplex properties are a hot item for investors. Just missed a couple great deals in Citrus Heights. At the moment there are many low priced Duplexes in Rancho Cordova. Sounds like you are ready to move quickly and you may need to.
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
I suggest that you contact a local real estate company that specializes in rentals. If you look on craigslist be careful for scams.