Looking to buy a large house or lot, very close to college ave Rutgers campus. Does the university ever sell any of their buildings?

Asked by Kevin, New Brunswick, NJ Sat Oct 1, 2011

Answers

4
Rafi Footerman’s answer
Rafi Footerm…, Agent, Edison, NJ
Thu Oct 20, 2011
On the contrary, they usually buy surrounding properties. Rutgers has grown substantially over the past 30 years.

Feel free to contact me for more information. I don't make money for referrals, just my inspections.

Rafi Footerman
Mid Jersey Inspections
732-906-4100
NJ Home Inspector Lic. #076900
Mark Lawless, , New Brunswick, NJ
Fri Sep 12, 2014
There are currently two houses, next door to each other, on River Road, almost directly across from the football stadium, that are for sale by owner. They are on private property adjacent to Johnson Park.

If you would like more information, send me your contact info.
Zachary Dani…, Other Pro, Palo Alto, CA
Fri Aug 30, 2013
If you're looking to buy a place to rent to Rutgers students College Ave. is ideal, however there are many other neighborhoods that have high concentrations of Rutgers students.

If you are seeking to rent to students you can find more information on the Rutgers off-campus housing page here: http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/#ochGuide. If you want to advertise your properties to Rutgers students it will advise you how to do so. Places4Students.com handles all of the Rutgers University off-campus housing.

If you've got more questions feel free to email me.

zach@places4students.com
1-866-766-0767
It is my experience that the college probably owns a lot of these old houses in the immediate vicinity & they would charge more than a dime if they sold. Better to move a few more blocks away-you'll escape the noise too.
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014
Jeremy Gulish, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Hey Kevin,
I think you would be very hard pressed to get a home or land from the university. Having gone to Rutgers very few houses come on the market near College Ave as the homes are either owned by the university or university organizations, i.e. frats, sororities, etc. or are very lucrative investment properties. Your best bet would be to connect with a local real estate agency or be on the look out for FSBOs.
Best of luck,
jeremy