Looking to buy a home within walking distance of Disney, and other

Asked by benbrattlover, Tue May 7, 2013

I am doing initial research in preparation to eventually buy a winter home (I live in Michigan) in the Disney area.

Because of certain disabilities, I am unable to drive, so I am looking for a place that is either within walking distance of AND/OR conveniently accessible by public transportation to not only Disney World (and other attractions) but also grocery/supermarkets (and other shopping) as well as libraries, museums and other educational, and emergency (hospitals, doctors, dentists, etc.) services

I am not too picky about other factors, though I want a place in a safe area, and I would prefer at least 2 (or more) bedrooms and 2 (or more) baths.

Also, since I'll only be using this home for 2 -3 months each year, I also prefer a single family home WITHOUT condo/HOA fees, though as a last resort I WILL be willing to concede on that -- IF the property is also zoned short-term rentals so I can rent out the property when its not in use to cover the HOA/condo fees.

Answers

6
Becky Burke, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Jul 13, 2013
Hi there.

Just checking in to see if you have found someone to help you yet. It does appear that Melissa (below) gave you the best information in regards to easy navigation to Disney and/or shopping etc. She is correct in that walking through the Walt Disney World area will not be easy as it is spread out over a very large area. There are several communities very close by with easy transportation to the parks. However, as everyone has stated, there will be HOA fees. There are a handful of older communities that have lower to no fees, if a home 10-15 years old is something you may be interested in.

If you are still looking for someone to help, I'd be more than happy to do what i can.

Becky Burke
Morris Williams Realty
352-536-4297
BeckyBrealtor@yahoo.com
EilaOrr, , Orlando, FL
Thu May 16, 2013
I do hope we can help you...

We recently purchased a property in Orlando. They asked me if I would do some marketing in the UK for them as a Vacation Home Consultant. This is something I had never considering, however, I decided to give it a go. We had such a wonderful experience and I
do hope I can share our experience with as many people that maybe interested.

I understand you may have visited Orlando in the past ? and would love to share what our company can offer you, should you be considering a property in the Orlando/disney area. I

If you love the Sunshine State Florida, "Yes" who doesn't…...wondered whether you would like to invest, in buying a Villa, Apartment or Townhouse in Orlando/Disney area, now is a good time, and I would love to help. The US housing market is
set for another ground-breaking year, showing that now is the time to invest.

Please do not be frightened to ask. It will be confidential. I would love to help as many people, find a vacation home in the sun.

Article from The Guardian Newspaper: -
" The US finally seems to be emerging from the worst property crash in living memory" and properties prices are rising. Here in Florida the sun is shining again"

I recently purchased a 4 bedroom villa with pool at Veranda Palms Kissimmee within a gated community. Please have a look at my virtual tour……..http://www.croftint.com/vt/2678santosh.html
The process for ourself was amazing. We worked alongside the "The Flamingo Group" to achieve our dream. You can get far more for your money than in the UK and other part's of the world.

Please check out our website for further details, on new developments. My colleagues in Orlando, would love to show you around and can advise on closing costs, taxes etc. You will be in good hands. They come well recommended. There are a number of new
developments, where you can choose, kitchens, bathrooms, pool tiles etc. We can even advise on a brilliant management company. They can also furnish the property, at very reasonable rates, too your specification. Please open my website and have
a browse for yourself http://www.FloridaPropertystore.co.uk If you would prefer a used property then this is something we can look at too. We are here to help you, our client and to get the best possible deal.

My testimonial given to The Flamingo Group once we had purchased: -

My husband and I live near London in the United Kingdom. When we visited Florida last year we were considering buying a property in the Disney World area that we could enjoy ourselves and also use as a short-term rental property. After looking at a number of websites, we finally decided upon “The Flamingo Group”. We contacted Lisa Arcia and gave her our requirements for our dream property in the Sunshine State. Shortly after, we met with Lisa and were amazed that she had managed to arrange for us to visit a number of developments that met both our aspirations and our budget. Her knowledge, advice and professionalism was second to none and as a result of our meeting we became proud owners of our new 4 bedroom villa “Kyles Cove” at Veranda Palms, Kissimmee. Lisa was such a great help and as we were purchasing the property from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean she was always available to answer any questions that we had and always responded incredibly quickly to our e-mails and correspondence. With Lisa’s help the experience of buying the property was exciting and enjoyable. Since closing on our property on March 2013, we are thrilled to say that our villa is booked for the next 30 weeks. This is more than we could ever have imagined in our first year. If you are considering buying a property in the Orlando Area, we would not hesitate in recommending the services and experience of Lisa Arcia and the Flamingo Group.”

If I can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be delighted to meet with you and discuss your requirements, at your convenience.

Assuring you of my best attention and service at all times.

Eila Orr

Vacation Homes Consultant

Tel:UK +44 (0)1635 37956

Mobile:UK +44 (0)7590466602

E-mail: Eila@ThePinkFlamingo.info

Web: http://www.FloridaPropertyStore.co.uk
Francisco Or…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu May 9, 2013
All worthwhile communities zoned for short term rentals will also have HOA fees. In order for someone to have the ability to effectively rent out a property as a short term rental, while they are not using it, it must also have plenty of amenities for the vacationers to enjoy.

Find a property with access tot he parks should be no problem if you search in short term rental areas. These communities also often have shuttles to the parks or are near places where shottles pick people up. Good luck on your home search!
Claudia Jenk…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed May 8, 2013
Hi Ben,

Lake Buena Vista area would be close to Disney, SeaWorld and Universal.
Take some time to come down and visit the area before making a decision.

Lots of options depending on your budget.

Claudia Jenkins
Realtor/Charles Rutenberg Realty
1900 Summit Tower Blvd., Suite 220
Orlando, FL 32810
407-709-6674 - Direct
407-674-2239 - Fax
http://www.isellflorida.us - Web
Claudia@isellflorida.us - Email
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Wed May 8, 2013
Winter Park and College Park immediately come to mind in terms of walkable areas that are old enough not to have HOAs.
Melissa Doerr, Agent, Tonawanda, NY
Wed May 8, 2013
I don't think it's possible to navigate the Disney area in foot. The distances between parks may not look like much on a map but it would be a serious hike.

There are a few communities within 5 miles of park entrances, like Formosa Gardens, Windsor Hills, come to mind first. These places do typically have an HOA fee but are also zoned for short term rental so you could rent them out to offset some of your carrying expenses.

As for public transport. Check out http://www.golynx.com. This is the bus system that operates in the area.

I personally live and work in this area, living in a short term rental community just 15 miles from Disney and I'm also an annual pass holder, so I can definitely answer almost any question you may have. To that end, please feel welcome to contact me, I'd be happy to help.

Melissa Gerace
Real Estate Consultant/ REALTOR
Premium Properties Real Estate Services
407-361-1694
Melissa.m.gerace@gmail.com