Looking to Buy a house in Charlotte area..what are the best neighborhoods?

Asked by A.sadat86, New York, NY Wed Sep 18, 2013

For a budget of 200-225k, what are the best neighborhoods in Charlotte? My job has me moving there and I work at the airport so don't want to travel more than 20-25 min. Single guy with an eye in the future so good school district is a priority. Thanks!

Answers

8
Jill Castle’s answer
Jill Castle, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Charlotte is a great place to call home and the Airport continues to grow and bring many like yourself to our beautiful city. I just closed a home with someone like you in the Steele Creek area. There are other areas to consider as well. (Madison Park, Collins Park, Cotswold all located close to town. Or on the south side of town in the Blakeney/Ballantyne area some neighborhoods to consider would be Thornhill, Raeburn, Southampton, Kingsley, Landon Meadows, Mitchell Glen,...)

As far as schools, a great website for Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools would be:
http://www.cms.k12.nc.us

Something to consider is right across the border in South Carolina as well. I am happy to provide you with that information if that is something that would interest you. We live so close to the border it is important that I am licensed in both states.

Hope this is helpful
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Good morning A:
There are about 500 three bedroom two bath homes priced from the mid-$100's to the low $200's within about 20 minutes of the airport. This area includes the towns and areas of: Belmont, Cramerton, East Gaston Co., Lake Wylie, SC, Steele Creek, Tega Cay & Ft. Mill, SC, South Charlotte, Sedgefield, SouthEnd, NoDa, Davis Lake, Huntersville, Mtn Island Lake and Mt Holly. I could show you very nice homes in each of these areas. If you are willing to be 30-35 minutes from the airport, your choices would significantly increase. The style, age of homes, neighborhood feel, and many other things would vary and what you buy would depend a lot on your personal preferences. Since you mention that schools are important, you may want to read the Trulia Real Estate Blog http://www.trulia.com/blog/dfisher/2013/03/what_are_the_best… If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Web Reference:  http://goo.gl/DcTx9p
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Sep 19, 2013
A. sadat,

There are a lot of good choices for neighborhoods in the Charlotte area that will fit your criteria. The fact that you are here already helps in that you can drive around and view the areas in advance to see what you like and do not like. Based on the price point you are looking at I think you have some good options. You can go toward south Charlotte and find a place in the Matthews or Mint Hill area toward the arboretum area of South Charlotte. Or you can look in the Huntersville area in the north part of Charlotte. Then you have the option of also looking into union county at Indian Trail area as well.

I also consider Mount Holly/Belmont area on the outskirts or Pineville in the southwestern end and then you have Fort Mil or Indian Land in South Carolina as options as well.

I guess a loot will also depend on what you are looking for in a house as well. The type of house and features you want in a house will play a factor in where you can buy as well. Feel free to either e-mail me or call me and I will be happy to discuss a little further your needs and wants and see what I can find that will be a god fit for you. Then I can send you some listings that meet your criteria.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Helen Adams Realty
Cell:704-519-7895
diceccod@yahoo.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Debbie Visco…, Agent, Waxhaw, NC
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Call me tomorrow and I'll get right to work! We can discuss the steps then to get you in the perfect home!
Victor Ahdieh, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Check out Brandon Forest. Solid homes in a great area but prices will range between $150K-$200K. Have you spoken with a mortgage broker yet? Would you like the name of a good one? -Victor VictorAhdieh@yahoo.com / 704-962-0780
A.sadat86, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Sorry, I was being unclear. I moved to Charlotte recently over the summer and renting an apartment in the University Area ( not the greatest neighborhood) for now with lease expiring in January and need to buy house by then.
I am happy to assist you in your search. There are great areas within our region. Together we can find you something you will love within your budget. Jill.M.Castle@gmail.com
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
Debbie Visco…, Agent, Waxhaw, NC
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Hi, give me a call tomorrow or email me. I will forward a relocation package and get started finding a great home in the perfect location for you. I look forward to talking with you tomorrow! I was born and raised here and love to show new folks my beautiful city!
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Hi!

Email me directly and I'll help guide you with your relocation.

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com