Looking in the 60523 area, not sure of area close to expressway, wooded non-gated community, need feedback

Asked by Nell, 60559 Sun Mar 21, 2010

Answers

4
Deborah Berg, , Oak Brook, IL
Tue Apr 6, 2010
The non-gated areas where the schools are located are very desirable - as evidenced by the large new construction homes. The jr high is located in York Woods and the elementary school is located in Brook Forest. I live in SaddleBrook in the section that goes to the Oak Brook schools, my parents live in Ginger Creek in the section that feeds into the Downers School district. Both of these subdivisions are also non-gated. Midwest Club is also split zoned either to Downers or Oak Brook/Hinsdale schools. Whatever district the home is zoned, that's where you go so if you want a particular district have your agent search only that district. Oak Brook feeds into the multiple elementary and high school districts of other towns including Elmhurst, Downers Grove, Villa Park, Hinsdale, Oak Brook/Hinsdale, Westmont and there's a small sliver that feeds into Westchester/Hillside. The Oak Brook schools of Butler 53 feed into Hinsdale Central for high school. The gated subdivisions command a premium in Oak Brook but there are other options out there that will always be desirable. Some of the most expensive homes are not in subdivisions but are estate sized and others are on 2-6 acre lots in areas like Fullersburg Woods. Pick the best lot you can afford and get a 3 car garage if possible if you don't go gated. Welcome !!.
Cherrie Cata…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Mar 23, 2010
Hi Nell,

Oakbrook is a great location! You are close to the major expressways anywhere in the area. Also, there are quite a few homes that fit your critieria. I suggest making a list of what your ideal home needs to have along with the price range. This will narrow down your search quite a bit. Then, interview a couple agents to see which one you feel comfortable working with and then start your search. Let me know if you need any other help, I would be happy to assist.

Good luck in your search!

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
Laura Karamb…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Mon Mar 22, 2010
Hi Nell-

I live in Oak Brook and all of our subdivisions are located close to major expressways. We have access to 355, 294, I88 & 290. A few of the subdivisions that are non-gated are Brook Forest, Saddle Brook, Ginger Creek and York Woods.

If you need more information feel free contact me.

Laura Karambelas SFR, CREN, RCC, CHNS
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource
Baird & Warner
630-964-3276
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Mar 21, 2010
If you are not familiar with the area consider driving through more than once and at different times of day, chat with locals if the opportunity arises, look at everything of importanace to you, and then make your own determination--keep in mind opinions are subjective.