Looking for qualified/caring/responsible Real Estate Agent to carry us through our entire First time home buying experience! (Think property brothers)

Asked by sherm12, Suffolk County, NY Sun Dec 23, 2012

Hi All, We are looking to buy and move into a house by March the latest, since time is ticking, we are looking for an agent who is proactive and actually gives a crap about us and what we need VS making the 2% commission.

I have been currently working with an agent who in a month has contacted me twice, that too because I contacted her. She is a relative of a friend and has yet to get us anywhere in our search. I understand that this is how REA make their living, however as in job, you have to work to get your paycheck and we are really frustrated at this point with this BS!

Any recommendations in Suffolk County NY will be appreciated, I am looking to setup interviews within a week to get the ball moving. We would like to go through FHA, if that helps!!

Answers

8
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012
I would really suggest you do as Anna suggested below. Contact a few agents and feel them out. I would STRONGLY suggest you make Annie Torres of Realty Connect USA one of them. She specializes in first time home-buyers and often works on rehab transactions, so she's experienced when it comes to walking buyers through the process with contractors and engineers, and even post-closing in handling matters with the Town. Her number is (516) 429-0488. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Happy New Year first of all. If you have not retained an agent yet, I would very much welcome an opportunity to assist you. In New York, it typically takes 3 months to close so time is of the essence. I would ask that you check the recommendations for me appearing on Trulia to see what othes have said about my professionalism and work ethic. If you've already found someone - good luck. I hope it works out for you.
Kieran Rodge…, , 11747
Thu Jan 3, 2013
I represent a major FHA lender, we are owned by Veterans and handle many FHA loans. We offer the best rates, cheapest cost to close and are very hands on with the file. We can close in 35 days as well. I have handled 100's of loans for my firends and family, please give me a call at your convenience, I have been through every scenario possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kieran Rodgers, Mortgage Banker
The Federal Savings Bank I 560 Broadhollow Road I Melville, NY 11747 I USA
direct: (631) 316-7272
fax: (646) 564-9421
email: krodgers@thefederalsavingsbank.com
web: http://www.thefederalsavingsbank.com/kieranrodgers
NMLS# 172254
De Vonte Wil…, Agent, East Point, GA
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi & Happy Holidays to you! All licensed Agents are technically qualified to represent you in a real estate transaction. However, every Agent provides a different "quality" of service. I personally like to talk to all of my clients, at least once per week, and touch base with previous clients often. I love what I do, and the people I assist everyday, in achieving their dream. It is always wise to have representation, especially since the Seller of a home is more than likely to have it as well. Is the Real Estate Agent you currently working with, full time? You want a full time Agent on your side!!! Many people insist on buying without an Agent because they fear of having to pay a "commission". However, usually, A Buyer never compensates the Agent out of pocket. The Seller does. Please feel free to contact me to learn more.

I commend you for taking the plunge in a time where the media has instilled fear in consumers. I must reassure you that the Long Island Real Estate market is very active and transactions are taking place everyday. The first step is getting pre-approved so we know how much you can spend on your new home. Feel free to contact me, and I will get you in contact with our in-house mortgage representative, who can assist you in getting a pre-approval. The next step, is a formal meeting in the office, where we would discuss your needs, requirements, likes and dislikes in a home. In order to find you the perfect home, I need to get a sense of who you are and what is truly important to you. We will go out, tour some homes, and I will even preview homes for you, to see if it is even worth showing you.

If time is of the essence, and you are serious about searching for your new home, please feel free to give me a call!

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/ISellNY
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
Thomas Brady, Agent, Plainview, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi Sherm, if you want a succesful and less stressful experience follow these steps. First get pre-approved, this will tell you exactly how much you can afford and will show the agent that you are serious buyers. Many buyers are surprised (either negatively or positively) at their actual buying power and find that they have been looking a the wrong class of properties, this can be devastating to first time buyers. You also won't be able to put in an offer without a pre-approval. Next step before interviewing e-mail several agents and let them know your criteria to get an interview with you. First they must be willing to represent you as a buyer's agent. A buyer's agent can be any agent, but in your case you want them acting as a buyer's agent to protect your interests and not as a broker's or seller's agent. Also confirm that they are willing to take whatever the seller offers as their commission and not a dime from you. DO NOT sign an exclusive agreement with anyone. Many agents will refuse to work with you if you don't sign one, good riddance, that's how you get stuck with a bad agent and nothing will ruin your home buying experience quicker than an exclusive contract with a poor agent. Make sure they are a full time agent and can work with your schedule (you may need to see homes only on weekends or evenings, make sure they will be available when you need them). If you establish all of these ground rules before even meeting or speaking with any agents you can then go ahead and schedule several interviews with those that are left standing and your chances of success will be increased exponentially. Good luck.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Leslie Ardol…, Agent, East Setauket, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012
I got into this business about 7 years ago. My husband & I had a horrible experience with a real estate agent. We were green to the process, and buying our very first home. It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. Going through that process sparked an interest in me. I began reading real estate books and decided to leave my job in marketing and get my real estate license. Now, here I am! I love what I do and I strive everyday to do it right. Purchasing a home (especially your first) is a huge milestone. I would interview multiple agents from different brokerages. I always tell buyers who are going to interview to ask agents WHY they got into this business. It's typically a question they aren't expecting and often their answers can be very eye opening.
If you are interested in learning more about me here is my profile:
http://www.coldwellbankermoves.com/real_estate_agent/12734/L…
Best of luck to you! Don't let that one agent spoil this time for you. I promise you there are many agents out there who care more for their clients then their commission!
William Rugen, Agent, Holbrook, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012

It would be beneficial to interview a few agents. I'd certainly like to throw my hat in the ring. I have worked with numerous first time home buyers within the last few years and I have never had any complaints. Please view my profile and recommendations and contact me if you'd like to set up a time to discuss what you're looking for. Thanks and best of luck to you!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Why not simply interview in person a few agents from different realty companies then choose the one you like best. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. You can also check http://www.mlsli.com for available properties in your area(s) of interest.