Looking for land contract or rent to own in Grand Haven, MI under $100M. Due to economy/lack of income we'll have to forfeit current residence.

Asked by Anitahome, Grand Haven, MI Thu Feb 17, 2011

Help?

Answers

5
valerie bins…, Renter, Grand Haven, MI
Sun Nov 6, 2016
Hello my name is valerie Binschus i am 51 years old my grand daughter is 16 I have recently gotten guardianship of her from her mother who did any and everything her husband asked including choosing him over her own daughter we are currently living in their house my daughter said we have a month to get out of her house or there will be an eviction notice we pay 450 a month for one room i am on disability i get 733 a month and i have food stamps i get 80 something a month i need to get ahold of my caseworker and let him know i now have guardianship of her and then i will get more in food stamps and every four months i get an extra 42$ courtly i am just looking for somewhere safe for me and my granddaughter because living here isn't safe for either of us any longer when fights happen here things get physical there is a no physical contact order against her stepfather but when we move it should change into no contact period i am looking to get out of here as soon as possible for our safety
Jeff Poppen, Agent, Ada, MI
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Call me. I can find many land contracts in ALL West Michigan counties. Jeff Poppen 616-443-7335 cell.... City Wide Real Estate Services
do you find house on land contract in grand haven ..west olive mi area?
Flag Sat Jun 6, 2015
Michael, Home Owner, Grand Haven, MI
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Look for homes on craigslist which indicate they're looking to rent/lease and then try to get them to allow a land contract. While leasing or selling on a LC the seller can no longer take primary homestead exemption, yet if you structure it as a LC you, the buyer, may take it. Not to mention you may also deduct the interest on your return.

I just closed on a 170k house in a Grand Haven. We had $3,500 down and the seller did not bring money to close since we completed the transaction through their relator whom was willing to take some commissions now and the rest upon execution of traditional financing at the end of the 5 year term. Also our interest rate was only 2 points above traditional mortgages.

It's a buyer's market not a seller's and therefore LC's are easier than ever to enter into.
Robert DeRose, Agent, Muskegon, MI
Thu Sep 1, 2011
Most sellers are afraid to do land contracts. Sellers that are willing to do it have either done a land contract in the past or are fairly experienced real estate investors. Those sellers want to make sure their investment is safe.
So typically I have found that sellers willing to do land contract want 10-15% down and good terms. You will need enough cash to cover the close, the seller will not bring cash to the table.
The worst your credit is the higher the interest rate.
Number of homes offering land contracts is pretty small in our area. You will see the greatest number of homes offering land contracts under $30K and these home will need work.
Homeless, Renter, Grand Haven, MI
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Have you had any luck or received any answers? I saw you question and we are in the same situation. we don't have any idea what to do? Thanks!