Looking for information on obtaining property in a lease-to-purchase option.

Asked by Cheryl, Channelview, TX Sun Mar 30, 2008

I would like to find some land in channelview TX that will do a lease to purchase option. Where can I find this information?

Answers

4
Stacy Jenkins, Agent, Friendswood, TX
Fri Jan 7, 2011
In recent months since the financail problems with Fannie Me and Freddie Mac, the Texas Real Estate Commission has decided that it is not a great idea to have agents write lease to own contracts. The main reason being is that most people will live there for awhile and then vacate once the lease is up and leave the owner holding the bag. In order to do a lease to own properly, you will need the assistance of a real estate attorney which makes it cost prohibitive for the seller and you as well. Interest rates are low right now and you should be considering purchasing before the rates go up. If your credit is bad, then consider waiting until your credit improves and make a move then.
Web Reference:  http://stacyjenkins.com
Pawli, , Houston, TX
Mon Apr 7, 2008
I might be able to help you with that. (I have friends who are investors, property/land owners, realtors, etc.) Are you looking for land only, and not improvements (property)? If so, how much land?
You can e-mail me if you'd like and I'll see what I can find.
Sun Mar 30, 2008
You can try har.com. This would be the public MLS for the Houston area and the surrounding counties. Your Real Estate agent can do a more detailed search for you and can send you the listings via email.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Why do a lease purchase than you own straight out purchase. You will be playing more in interest rates for a lease to purchase option, unless you have the 1st right of refusal. If you have credit issues I would recommend to have those issues resolved prior to purchasing any property not be involved with lease purchase. We answer more calls and emails from buyers that have had problems off a lease purchase, bottom line you are in business with someone you don't know.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com